staying out latem last week

sugarybibs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
moaning people who have nothing wrong with them
Hi all ive had type 1 diabetes since i was 17 many years ago.Well actually its 40 years this april :roll: I realise after all ive gone through i am really lucky.I have no complications(well i hope i havnt).Ive had a brilliant life.Ive got 4 kids well they are in their early 20s now and one (the baby) is 19.They all live at home think i dont have anything wrong with me, probably because i am never ill.Ok i do get depressed every so often but then i think well whats the point of being miserable you are only alive once so make the most of it.Last week my mate (weve known each other since little kids)bought me a ticket for a variety show in liverpool where we both live.She has a teenager with downs syndrome(he cannot talk or walk) but we went with her lad and ended up in town till 4am in the morning!!!at my age and hers :lol: :lol: anway had a really good night made sure my blood sugars were ok drank dry white wine etc .it had started to snow and my mates son had this big heavy wheelchair we got the night bus home it was about 4am when we got in had a coffee then went to sleep.Got up at 9am checked my blood sugars had breakfast etc then went shopping and thats when i felt a bit tired.Kept checking my blood sugars which were fine and i thought well i am in my fifties i should count myself very lucky i can still be able to do things like this!!!

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
What a lovely happy post.
I think perhaps this should be a sticky alongside the other one, to show newly diagnosed people that getting type is not a death sentence, that people can and do as you say have a 'brilliant life' .
It sounded a lovely evening, and I'm sure you've got a lot more like that to look forward to.