Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Cold Ethyl and I would like to Step into Spring by doing 30 minutes activity every day to the first day of Spring .
Enjoy the festive period then on 1st January the fun starts ? 30 minutes isn't hard to fit in

Remember dancing after midnight into the new year counts so party party .

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 10 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Sorry Cold Ethyl if I've jumped the gun

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No worries... Great minds.. I need the motivation that guilt inspires .

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Haha me too x
Enjoy the time off to 1st Jan

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
I ll probably keep at it too , just not strenuously lol

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
Can I please join you? I need as much motivation as possible. Always find it hard to keep up with the exercise during summer here in Oz . too flippin' hot!

Reactions: 2 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Of course Lesleywo glad to have you along . My daughter is going to Oz on 12th January for at least a year. Starting in Adelaide

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am in too.
Going to try to vary the exercise activities.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
@Pipp my homework for the next week is to find 5 different activities . I figure that if I walk or cycle twice a week that will be 4 days covered so I need another 3 . My work does yoga one day a week so that will leave another 2 ...

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can I join you guys again please? I'll try my best not to skive this time, honest. I don't usually come out of hibernation until March , but I'd like to start a little earlier this time.

Reactions: 3 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can I join you guys again please? I'll try my best not to skive this time, honest. I don't usually come out of hibernation until March , but I'd like to start a little earlier this time.

Hurrah, zand! You have made the right decision!

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
haha you guys are funny .. I am clearly living in the wrong country! I go really well in the cooler months, but as soon as Spring starts to warm up I start struggling. I don't cope with the heat at all, I think the Addisons may be a contributing factor. I have to get up early to do it, otherwise I've got no chance. Fortunately I have a dog that needs walking so we did our half hour this morning. We are packing up and going to our house in the Mountains for a few days (painting unfortunately) ... it has been tenanted and we are selling so it has no furniture .. we will be really roughing it! But I thought it a good opportunity to add an evening walk to the morning one and I've even thrown a couple of sets of dumbells in the back of the car. Will have to use them cos the boys are already teasing me, saying they bet they'll just 'sit at the bottom of the stairs' as they have been doing here for the last fortnight! Watch this space, fellas!

Reactions: 4 people

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well I think I had better join to stop Zand from skiving !!! I need to get muscle back on my leg so need to do time on my exercise bike every day

Reactions: 6 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Mrs Zand I assumed you would , if I've to do it you aren't getting away with it , it wouldn't be the same without you lol

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
haha you guys are funny .. I am clearly living in the wrong country! I go really well in the cooler months, but as soon as Spring starts to warm up I start struggling. I don't cope with the heat at all, I think the Addisons may be a contributing factor. I have to get up early to do it, otherwise I've got no chance. Fortunately I have a dog that needs walking so we did our half hour this morning. We are packing up and going to our house in the Mountains for a few days (painting unfortunately) ... it has been tenanted and we are selling so it has no furniture .. we will be really roughing it! But I thought it a good opportunity to add an evening walk to the morning one and I've even thrown a couple of sets of dumbells in the back of the car. Will have to use them cos the boys are already teasing me, saying they bet they'll just 'sit at the bottom of the stairs' as they have been doing here for the last fortnight! Watch this space, fellas!

That sound lovely , it's freezing in Scotland at the moment

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Well I think I had better join to stop Zand from skiving !!! I need to get muscle back on my leg so need to do time on my exercise bike every day

Haha Connie 104 welcome on board

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
I'm getting motivated already