Stirfrys

lionrampant

Who makes 'em, what do you add that's carb-free, etc, and what's the spiciest thing you've ever added?

And has anyone ever eaten a habanero chilli?

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
lionrampant said:
Who makes 'em, what do you add that's carb-free, etc, and what's the spiciest thing you've ever added?
Veg & meat, tomato, cook-in sauce ... (use the rest of the sauce for the wife's pasta)

No-one, ever :twisted:

caitycakes

Hi,

I marintate the meat I use in a little sesame oil and salt-reduced soy sauce. I have this with spring onion, mushrooms, bean sprouts, bamboo shoots and garlic. A very tasty, filling, low carb meal, ready in minutes. Another one I like is a stir fry of broccoli, cauli, mushrooms, spring onion, garlic with grated cheese sprinkled on top after cooking, and melted under the grill (yummy). I try to use spring onion rather than regular onion.

Caitycakes x

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Ian
Cook-in sauce???
Why???
It's full of sugar and starchy filler and not needed even for pasta. A can of chopped tomatoes and some onion, garlic and seasoning is much better. throw in some olives for the luxury version.
Cook in sauces should be banned and everybody learn to cook.( that's just my hatred for them)

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
hanadr said:
Ian
Cook-in sauce???
Why???
It's full of sugar and starchy filler and not needed even for pasta. A can of chopped tomatoes and some onion, garlic and seasoning is much better. throw in some olives for the luxury version.
Cook in sauces should be banned and everybody learn to cook.( that's just my hatred for them)
Just checked - around 5% carbs. If people ask for advice, they don't know how to cook, so complex recipes may not be helpful. Enjoy :D

Trinkwasser

lionrampant said:

I like things hot enough to make the inside of my nostrils sweat. So did my ex.

"Oh what pretty little peppers" I thought and cut up a couple of them to add to a bolognese sauce.

That was almost inedible even for the both of us. Apparently she used to put one whole in the sauce for a while, then pull it out again and throw it. Can't remember what they were called, a West Indian type I think.

Katharine

Bean sprouts are not entirely carb free but they do bulk up any stir fry.

I like to use toasted sesame oil, meat, any veg lying about and bean sprouts. Adding chilli flakes peps anything up.