stomach problem advice !!

smokey

:( Hi

I was diagnosed with T2 about 4 weeks ago, for the last 3.5 weeks I have been following a low carb diet, but since this I have had nothing but upset stomach, whatever I eat or drink seems to affects me the same way!
I have read that lots of people on low carb diets suffer from constipation, but not me. I'm not on any medication for my T2 just diet control for now, this is starting to get me really down, can anyone advice me please

Thanks.
Smokey :(

sailorj

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello Smokey,
welcome to the forum.

Poor you, You will not be alone in finding gastrointestinal changes with the new diagnosis. It also happens when people change their diet no matter what diet they change to and from. Often it is a case of wait and lett he gut settle but 2.5 weeks is a long time.
You may need to consider how you have changed the diet, if you are eating more fibre that can be a cause for example and maybe relatively easy to reduce. ALso how low have you gone, and do you need to be so low? It might be possible to incease your carb intake slightly and that may help.

The best advice really though is to contact your GP or practice nurse or diabetes nurse. One well mentioned mantra on here is that 'it is not all about diabetes' and you need to check this out with a health care professional (HCP) incase it is a co-incidence and not the change of diet.

Good luck and I hope the runs settle soon.