Stop wishing me dead!

RYU

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
having to take medication
hi all, sorry about the title It's just getting a little irritating with in a week of being diagnoised, I've been getting multiple junk emails with titles such as 'if you died today' or 'if you died tomorrow' or even the often repeated 'how would your family cope with your loss' most of them I've been just labeling as spam until the one I got a little earlier today 'Ryu I sensed you needed my help' from a self proclaimed psychic

Now I've no problem receiving spam its a daily thing you get on and ignore it but I'm starting to wander if they know my doctor and he's told them something that he hasn't told me.

Also on a side note if the psychic could sense I needed help maybe he should have sensed what my real name is as well.

Sorry, for the rant but I'm doing NaNoWriMo and everything little thing is annoying at the moment.

Reactions: 9 people

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Rant your heart out;)
Best not bottle it, go for it
I don't get many spam mails thank goodness
I do get a few calls on my mobile about PPI etc, I just hang up after their opening pitch of a few seconds

Reactions: 5 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I can cope with junk emails and mail. It's the phone calls I hate. I normally hang up too. However I have had one or two where they have called me back and been abusive. It wasn't pleasant at all. I did report them but wasn't taken seriously.

Reactions: 4 people

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
sometimes things get silly like that .. So you sit back and say to your junk mail ... Yea Right .. bring it on and I will prove you wrong .. With all the advice in these forums .. no-one should be shorting their life span by following the wrong advice the Dr is probably giving out.

Reactions: 2 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@RYU: It's not a psychic but nosey internet creepy crawlies that follow you from site to site. It's usually quite easy to see where they get their information about your potentially relevant interests if you think about the sites you've been visiting recently. I had a spate of diabetic and weight loss "cures" spam when I was first diagnosed and doing a bit of research via the web, so not quite as depressing as yours! But I learned long before I was diabetic to identify spam emails by their subject matter and they just get deleted sight unseen. It's also the fashion now, if a site uses Google ads, to custom design those ads to your known interests as you browse. The web's rapidly become less of an "information highway" and more of a "spammers/advertisers paradise". (That's my rant over for today...:D)

@zand I believe most spam phone callers withhold their numbers, so my husband refuses now to answer any calls that do this. We sometimes miss a few genuine calls, but if it's important then they have the option to leave a message.

Ranting Robbity

Tony Allo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening RYU
Just use your drop down lists in your email box and block them, simples.
And as for being dead or dying, you will probably out live them as you are more aware of what you eat and drink and how to stay healthy, where as they possibly have a high stress job to complete goals and lots of pressure. As for the phone calls ask them if the can hold on a minute and put the receiver down for a few minutes, then ask them to hold on again, eventually they'll get the message and hang up, enjoy playing, kind regards T

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Actually, better still if you report spam via your ISP - they can do a block for all their users. I'm able to do this if I read my mail via their web mail option.

@Tony Allo: we have a friend who's a lay reader - he takes a great delight in inviting them in, if he gets any of those polite young Mormons who come around to spread the word, and having a good long religious debate with them to save other people the trouble...

Robbity

RYU

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
having to take medication
Yea, I have a friend who is Irish but who speaks with a perfect English accent unless he gets one of these guys then he copies an old sketch he saw on TV he answers EVER question with the word 'potato' with different inflections on the word just to see how long he can keep them on the phone.

Reactions: 10 people

Tony Allo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds very technical to me Robbity, I can turn a computer on lol

Tony Allo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well there you go then, give that a try, or put them on hold and go and make a cup of tea, then say no thanks and hang up, or do as Robbity says although it sounds a little technical to me I'm sure she'd explain how to do it. Kind regards T

Tony Allo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
ISP, sounds a bit technical for me Robbity, I know how to turn a computer on lol. Kind regards T.