Stopped losing the weight?

RoyG

Dislikes
To many to mention.
I have been steadily losing weight now since my diagnosis, initially starting at 105kg back in may, I am now down to 89Kg, stomach gone from 45" to 40" I need to get to 79Kg. But for the last two weeks my weight has plateaued, even though my carb intake never goes above 40g a day and this last week, I have only been having 30g per day, I am going the Gym 3 nights a week 30 minutes on treadmill doing 4k, then doing 3 reps of 10 on the circuit weights these do all major body muscle groups, 5 minutes on rowing machine, then 400 meters in the pool, followed by Steam bath, Sauna and Jacuzzi. The nights I don't go Gym I am doing 4k on the treadmill at home, So why has the body stopped burning my fat, it should be eating it for fun ! and it's beginning to really naff me off now, short of starving myself I am puzzled?????? any suggestions welcome please. :( :(

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
Sounds like increased muscle mass to me, I'd be kind of surprised if it wasn't, with all of the exericise that you're doing.

I have some photos of me from 10 years ago, when I weighed 7lb less, but I was carrying significantly more body fat. The difference is that I now have massive runner's calves and thighs, that weigh significantly more than the body fat I've lost.

I don't think that 2 weeks is enough time to observe weight loss anyway, there are all sorts of natural fluctuations that could mask any legitimate weight loss.

RoyG

Dislikes
To many to mention.
I was thinking that Borofergie, but would I be adding around 1kg of muscle mas per week to negate the weight loss? I have been losing around 1.4kg per week up to now, I am eating more protein and fat, cheese, cream, yoghurt stuff like that. So I should just stop being so impatient would be your conclusion and It is going to take longer to come off now I am training so much, :think: :think: