Stopping Dapagliflozin

Jude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I know this drug is very new but am wondering if anyone knows whether or not one is likely to get symptoms when stopping the medication? I have been on it for 3 months but it did not appear to be helping my blood sugars so stopped it last Saturday.

Thank you

the_anticarb

Dislikes
Spiders, winter, bills, ignorance, prejudice
I am on it, but saw a big improvement in bgs and weight so never stopped. I get thrush about once a month but just get over the counter medication to deal with it. Sorry it has made no difference to you. I think it helps most if you are insulin resistant/metabolic syndrome. Have you noticed any effect on your weight?

Jude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
No, no change in weight either and I desperately need to lose weight. Am glad it works for some people just disappointed it has not worked for me. Never mind, am seeing Diabetes Nurse on Friday to discuss how I move forward with my diabetes medication and control.

Mac2002

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
I am on dapagliflozin and have been now for 8 months. I had my hba1c taken after 3 months and the results were only a little bit better but not a lot luckily my consultant said stay on it and re test in another 3 months. I had that test and by bloods had reduced from 10.2 to 8.0 so every one really pleased . I did have thrush once right at the beginning but nothing since and even though I do need to lose weight unfortunately this is the one side effect I haven't had :(