Storage of Unopened Tresiba Pens

Sirzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
My GP has given me a prescription for a box of five Tresiba pens. I only use a small amount everyday and am wondering how long Tresiba will last if kept in the fridge unopened, because by my calculations this is about 10 months supply! Should I be asking for individual pens so they don’t have a chance to go off before I get to use them?

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It should be fine until its best before date - some obviously ahev longer best befoires than others but looking at some of mine in my fridge are: Lantus - some time in 2021, Fiasp - some time in 2020, Novorapid (that was ordered in May, not using it anymore) - March 2019, so any that I've used seem to have fairly long time before they're out of date.
You could get your docs to reduce the amount if you want, but it is good to always make sure you've got a few spare just in case,

Sirzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
It should be fine until its best before date - some obviously ahev longer best befoires than others but looking at some of mine in my fridge are: Lantus - some time in 2021, Fiasp - some time in 2020, Novorapid (that was ordered in May, not using it anymore) - March 2019, so any that I've used seem to have fairly long time before they're out of date.
You could get your docs to reduce the amount if you want, but it is good to always make sure you've got a few spare just in case,
I just looked at the BB date and it’s 2020, so they should be fine. Is it right that Tresiba will last for eight weeks once it’s opened? My DSN said to dispose of it after 30 days, but that seems a bit wasteful, I only get through half the insulin in that time.