Storms

ChocFish

I am not coping at all, we just had a thunderstorm and I was petrified and that is an uderstatement, I am still sitting here in my glam welly boots, rubber is meant to help you survive in case lightning strikes; if any of you know otherwise please dont tell me I am that phobic I need something, anything to cling on for hope otherwise I will just die at the first sign of lightning as for the thunder, oh no I ant cope HELP

Challenges can be stumbling blocks or stepping stones, it depends how you view them

Mandarin

I am sat in my office at work, (East Hampshire) we have just had wind, rain, thunder and lightening and hail stones but the sun has just come out briefly.
Its stopped raining at the moment but there are more dark clouds on the horizon.

sugar

Awww, Karen. Hope things are improving! I think the wellies thing is good though.....just avoid playing golf, as that is the worst place to be in a storm I read once.
I feel for anyone who wanted to fly anywhere todaythough!

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Really can't see Karen going out for a game of golf in this!!!!:D
My neighbour goes under her bed at the first sign of thunder.I couldn't even fit under mine!!I actually like watching thunderstorms but maybe not actually being in one!:x

Knowledge is the key to control

ChocFish

I used to sit myself in the understairs cupboard with my wellies and washing up gloves, felt ever so reassured and safe as there are no plug sockets in there till my loving, caring husband calmly matter of fact pointed out that the electricity meter is in there...hmmm

Thanks for the sympathy and no, no playing golf for me, Sue you are rght I am not going out there, for a start the door handle is metal, and that with lightening...perish the thought.

Challenges can be stumbling blocks or stepping stones, it depends how you view them

sami

up here in leeds it been a fairly nice day until about 2 hours ago when it started to rain but we have had no wind so i think we have been very lucky to miss it :)

sami
just found out
HbA1c 7.7

Whitevanman

Hi,
When there is lightning my mum wraps herself in the curtain, not to sure how this protects her but
After all she is my mum,.
Whitevanman.