Story in local paper .

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
" He was advised to take his medication "?
There are so many things " off" about this story.
I find it concerning that there is an exhaustive list of the damage to property, but no mention as to the welfare of his daughters after being pulled from the wreckage .

And cheers for using a hypo as a defence , Mr. Barlow, and not testing etc before driving it makes it SO much easier for those of us on insulin to deal with the DVLA :rolleyes:

Signy

Reactions: 6 people

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
" He was advised to take his medication "?
There are so many things " off" about this story.
I find it concerning that there is an exhaustive list of the damage to property, but no mention as to the welfare of his daughters after being pulled from the wreckage .

And cheers for using a hypo as a defence , Mr. Barlow, and not testing etc before driving it makes it SO much easier for those of us on insulin to deal with the DVLA :rolleyes:

Signy

It makes my blood boil too, pillocks like that make it so difficult for those of us that do observe the rules, its no wonder the DVLA are reluctant to renew licences for people who may have had a hypo,
:banghead:

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
How can there be no proof that he was told his licence was revoked previously??? (Why was it revoked?)

Seriosly bad for other diabetics that play by the rules... Hope the judge highlights that the law requires blood testing...

Reactions: 4 people

misswhiplash

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I frequently "smear the walls with my own excrement" post hypo... Doesn't everyone...? *sigh*

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I frequently "smear the walls with my own excrement" post hypo... Doesn't everyone...? *sigh*

I thought that was a given...:rolleyes:

And throwing hot chocolate around the room works great for bringing you out of a hypo - what other way is there to use it ?:rolleyes:

All in all, whilst acknowledging that it's not meant to be, the article is not great PR for promoting understanding of diabetes is it ?

Signy

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I would never waste hot chocolate. Or peanut butter come to think of it.
*thinks of it*

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Really surprised the Police didn't take his car keys from him and made sure he was safe to drive before returning them.......what were they thinking off :(

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I'm surprised he wasn't sectioned for being a looney, diabetes or no!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I know people with diabetes can behave so differently with a hypo, but a very low hypo normally makes people very tired, unless this person is really like that anyway 9, it just sounds all so bizarre, from both sides :wacky:

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
My driving incident... Didn't crash.. Kept licence... But I had one police car, two police dog vans, 1 ambulance and they made me sit in police car and be driven home!! Dogs bundled in to dog vans...
Why isn't there a standard procedure??