1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Strange Happenings.

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by simply_h, Aug 28, 2012.

1. simply_h

simply_h · Well-Known Member

Hello All,

Hope you are all well.

I have some strange happening going on recently.

I have not changed the way I eat, but recently nocticed that when I test about 45mins to 1 hour after starting eating, my BS is around 8mmol to 10mmol.

Then after 2 hours after eating its back down to around 5.5mmol to 6.5mmol.

I am still getting back down to normal-ish levels after 2 hours, but I am worried about the 1 hour-ish mark.

I don't know if i am over worrying this, but I have read that non-diabetics never go over 7.8mmol, no matter what they eat.

I am lower carber and last HBa1C was 5.7%

Cheers
    Simply.

2. Ambersilva

Ambersilva Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi,

The 2 hour reading is good. I wouldn't worry about the 45 - 60 min reading - it's not excessively high and is only lasting a short while.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook