Strange Spots on My Legs!

Rubyroo1

Dislikes
Being diabetic (only joking!!)
I have been injecting myself for over 25 years and have never had any problems. I have no lumps or dips and rarely bruise. In the last few weeks, however, I have suddenly developed strange little red, angry 'pimples' at the point where the needle goes in. It looks horrible and they are quite sore to the touch. I will mention it to my doctor next time I see him but in the meantime wondered if anyone else had had the same problem. Thanks.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hi,
i dont get these just the bruises , i would see your gp, maybe you are becoming allergic to the insulin :)

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Are your needles new and sharp?

Rubyroo1

Dislikes
Being diabetic (only joking!!)
Thanks for your replies. I don't use a new needle every time because I find I bleed more with new needles. However, this is a new problem and I can't think of anything I'm doing differently that might have caused it. Perhaps I'll try changing my needles more regularly and see if it helps - if not, I'll see the doctor as pehaps it is the insulin itself that is causing it. :lol:

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Just a thought
Has your brand( or batch) of needles changed? Some people are sensitive to some metals.