Strawberry Fields Forever or PYO

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Umm l thought that strawberries are ok... have just had a few and l am 8. Was at a Pick your own l mean 4 for me 1 for the punnet seemed a safe calculation ok sometimes it was 5 for me and 1 for the punnet but l tried not to go to wild :happy:
I don't feel guilty have walked 3 miles today spent most of the morning at the zoo and blew out on a bag of crisps (2nd since diagnosis/November) was annoyed l forgot my meter so couldn't test but had a load to drink and walked 2.5 miles around the zoo. l am very strict with myself normally so a short go mad where l knew what l was doing and under control is not a problem overall.
Have about 4kg in the freezer l am hoping l have done that part right, just up ended them into a couple of container, lids on and into the freezer?

Anyone in the north west interested the PYO is only one left if you google Kenyon Hall Farm. They have gooseberries and raspberries out now, asparagus also and loads more things coming up to collection season. People were sitting on the side off the fields in the shade chomping through their punnets of berries then going back for more, you only pay when you leave.
Great food hall (organic) and cafe. For those who have kids... tractor rides and a big playground.

Reactions: 2 people

kesun

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Sometimes it make me sad that all fruit now spikes my BG, but I can tolerate one or two strawberries from our garden, with lashings of double cream to delay the carb hit. Same for raspberries (but I screwed up last year's pruning, so very few this year to tempt me). My kids pine for mango, lychee and fresh banana (my fault for starting them off in the tropics!), but if I could have just one fruit it would be apple.

Kate

Reactions: 2 people

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Thanks for that link Squire :) not bad for 100g of carbs ..l did eat about 1kg give or take the odd gram well maybe 0.5kg or some place around that amount. I never like strawberries from supermarkets they are all size and colour with no taste so never buy them.. Years since l went to a pick your own that was down south in the early 80s. Nearest l get to strawberries now is the mixed berries l eat that have a few in.