Stress and rise in levels

Sally66

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've worked really hard at keeping my prediabetes at normal all over Xmas despite the odd indulgence. But suddenly as the holiday ends and the return to work looms my levels go up to low 6s when they have been 5s before food. The start of any term is always an anxious time as every teacher will tell you, even with 25 years of experience. However I have 2 recently bereaved 10 year olds returning to school. Both have lost their fathers, one on 19th Dec. My compassion goes out to them. Both children are friends of my son and one (who lost his dad last June) has been over a few times in the holiday. I know what a difficult time they are having. Helping them and their families is part of my job. How can I best control this normal compassionate response and keep my levels in check? Any advice on managing stress would be greatly appreciated.

Mrs Vimes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Sally66, I'm a teacher as well and my sugars rise too. I'm a type 1 though. But I use cardio exercise to batter it down as well as using extra insulin.
Depending on your fitness you could walk/run etc your sugars down?

Sorry to hear about the tragic news. Those poor kids.

Louise M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The misinformation out there about diabetes and misunderstanding of difference between Type1 and 2 .
Hi Sally66 , both for stress and keeping bloods regular would you be able to fit in a walk before work or directly after ?