Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hiya, Yep stress can indeed affect your BS readings, it helps if you do 'know' what is stressing you? reduce it to as low as you can, retest few hours later and see if made a difference? It can be a bit like when you go for a BP check at hosp [white coat syndrome] it goes up whilst you're there and goes down later after left the hospital.. Happens to me all the time! go to hospital n whoop up it goes! :shock: they usually tell me to sit chill read a book first as result. Do you feel stressed?? Anna.x

mariab

Hi Anna - yes, very stressful in work at the moment. Also got two elderly parents who are semi reliant on me as well as daughter, son in law, 2 grandchildren (6 & 5) living with us while having work done on their house. Have had all this the past 12 months (kids have been longer) and I just wondered if this might have had an effect on me. I'm on medication for high blood pressure (I feel like a hypochondriac!) and it's still quite high even with meds. Struggling to keep it all together at the moment. Maria

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi, crikey! you are under some pressure and stress, no wonder your BP & BS will spike upwards. Is there any other family members who could pitch in to help with your parents then when you finish work you can have chance to relax a bit more? Sometimes the answers are right in front of us but we cant see then for the stress of our busy lives, possibly think how n where you need help the most in your life and ask for it? Even if its only temporary too. You do need time out for yourself too. It'll help your BP & BS levels too. Hope I have been able to help ? Anna.x :)