stuck and need ideas...

calamitygayn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
im self employed and at the moment, work 7 days a week, from home. im a childminder and work these hours to pay mortgage, bills etc etc.
im 41, have no time to retrain and am probably too old anyway! I have children aged 18 & 12, the eldest has his own health concerns and I care for my elderly mother.
as you can see, I have very little time and when I do request time off, some parents cause me so many problems that I either don't take time off or when I am off, usually end up looking after them anyway. ..
problem is. ..I honestly don't think I can do this anymore. im scared to death of losing my house but I don't think my health can take much more.
been type 1 for 30 years and have other health issues too. ...not sure what answers I want, but I just want to go to bed and stay there. im mentally and physically exhausted.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Do you need to work 7 days a week ? Could you not employ someone part time for a day or 2 a week ? Everyone needs a bit of time away from work. Hope you find a solution !

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey Calamity :) I think you've answered your own dilemma in your post :

"I honestly don't think I can do this anymore. im scared to death of losing my house but I don't think my health can take much more."

If your health won't take it, you won't be able to work.
You're very stressed, and overworked, and that's not helping your health.
If you stop doing this due to health, there are options to take that won't necessarily mean you lose your house, the trick is to know when to call it a day before thongs get so bad that you have no choice but to stop, and are in no condition to explore the options.

I would suggest you seek advice on where you stand financially from the Citizens Advice Beur... wossname, (Can't ever spell that word!) for example, can you claim carers allowance for looking after your mum?

When you're ground down, things look far more grim than they actually are,and you feel like a rabbit in the headlights :eek:. Small steps towards making a decision that is right for you is often the best way forward. I think you know what you need to do - it's exploring the options that can give you hope for the future.;)

All goods thoughts sent your way...

Signy

calamitygayn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks. ..you're good! I'm scared of failing. im scared of being useless. ...Bloody life eh? I will go to the CAB! I can't spell it either!
ty xx

Reactions: 2 people

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks. ..you're good! I'm scared of failing. im scared of being useless. ...Bloody life eh? I will go to the CAB! I can't spell it either!
ty xx

You are most welcome, and " strategic reappraisal of a situation" doesn't mean you are a failure, or useless - just wise ;)

Oh and re my post about - there is a typo that should read "before THINGS get too bad " Thongs are horrible instrument of torture, and there is no such situation of thongs getting too bad, they just are!:confused: *shudders" :D

Signy

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Why do you work 7 days a week?
Do you have much of your mortgage to pay? Is it possible to downsize?
Take carexxxx