Sucess on Lighterlife

chrissieworne

Hi all,
Haven't been on here for ages but last time I was I was about to start Lighterlife, this was Oct 2011. At that time my diabetes was not well controlled and my HBAIC had gone back up to 7.8 despite Gliclazide once per day. I was even having hypos. I could not control my weight and my BP was getting higher and higher. :(

I started LL with my GP's blessing on Oct 20th and to date I have lost 3 1/2 stones, gone down 3 dress sizes and my BMI has gone from 43 to 33 and my BP is normal. I had to come off all meds for my Diabetes and I had an HBAIC test last week, it is 5.9. :D

I still have about two stones to go but I have never felt better. My GP is pleased and I have the energy to exercise more. My Sciatica has also improved.

I know I will have to be super strong when I go onto weight management and have to reintroduce conventional food back in to my diet but I feel this has been a life saver.
There are sceptics out there I know and this is very radical and no, I haven't lost my teeth, hair or anything else!! :clap:

I thought I would let everyone know and see what you think.

Regards
Chrissie.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Well done Chrissie :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbup:

Viv 8)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Yes well done Chrissie :clap:

antmos

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
What exactly is Lighterlife? Is it shakes? I have been on the Newcastle diet using Optislim. I must admit I hate the shakes. They upset my stomach badly! :oops:

chrissieworne

Hi,
It is a mixture of bars, porridges, shakes, soups and some "meal packs" such as pasta carbonara, cottage pie and chilli. You can use their water flavourings and also a "mousse mix" which when blended with the shakes makes an angel delight type dessert. You have 4 packs per day spread out.
You do need to drink lots of water, at least 2 litres per day but over the day and gradually, not in large amounts at once.
It is hard work to start with especially the first week but the results speak for themselves.
There is a counselling session at each weekly group, don't go can't have the packs.
When you go on to maintenance you slowly reintroduce food groups.
The classess are small, no more than 10 and you start together, weighing is done in private, no naming/shaming/clapping/awards.
The classes are single sex too.
It is expensive, £72 per week! this decreases when you go on to maintenance.
I am on the total plan which is for BMI over 30, the lite plan is for people of bmi 29 and under, that is cheaper and you have 3 packs per day and a meal.The worst side effects I have had is slightly smelly breath and constipation but regular tooth brushing and a mouth freshener and occasional fybogel sort that out.
I know T2 Diabetes can't be "reversed" but at least my HBAIC is at a good level now and gives me hope for when I come off the plan.

Chrissie

sugababenot

Hi Chrissie

Well done you!! :clap:

I have started on 800cal a day using slimfast and 'real' soups and have lost 6lb in a week. I've got a long way to go but reading about successes such as yours is a real boost.

I would love to go on lighter life and may need the support of a group before long so it is good to hear about it from someone who has tried it.

Keep going and lots of luck on maintenance. :thumbup:

jahusba

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
having to cut carbs
My sister in law has been on Lighter Life plan for 6 months and has lost just over 6 stone! She has just 5lb more to lose and is now in the healthy weight range instead of morbidly obese. Her HBAIC is in the 4's and she now only takes 1 Metformin and has come off all BP medication.
I am so jealous and of course tempted, infact we have a meeting with a consultant this evening, my hubby(type 2 too) also is interested. Could I be that strong though? It's also expensive. O well I'll go and have a listen
Jane