1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1 Sudden Lower Back Pain And Right Side Of Abdomen Pain.

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Zoyakhanx, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Zoyakhanx

Zoyakhanx Type 2 · Newbie

I'm an 18 years old and I was just wondering if I should be worried about the following;

I suffer with sudden lower back pain on my left and right side but the pain starts on the right side of my abdomen, the pain starts of mild then becomes worst an extremely uncomfortable. This exact pain happened a month ago but I over looked it as I thought it was normal as it happens every 3/4 weeks.

As a young Adult I do find it difficult to look after my diabetes making sure my blood sugar levels are at a good reading.. since I was diagnosed in 2015 my blood sugars have always been really high and it has only just recently improved a bit.
    Can someone please give me a little bit of advise or help me I would really appreciate it.

2. KK123

KK123 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi Zoyakhanx, I don't think anybody on this forum will be able to help you with your abdomen pains as it could be literally anything. Are you able to go to a Doctor? There is a lot of help available with regard to your glucose levels though! Please tell us what your typical day (of eating etc) is like and how you have managed to improve it. Hope you feel better soon.

3. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Master

Could you please clarify, your avatar says Type 2 but the title of your thread says Type 1. This may affect theadvice you receive.

Welcome to the forum.

4. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Expert
    Staff Member Administrator

Your profile doesn't suggest if you're male or female. If you're female, does the pain happen at any particular time in your menstrual cycle?

Alternatively, are your water works OK?

5. Zoyakhanx

Zoyakhanx Type 2 · Newbie

I'm a type 1 diabetic and I am a female. No the pain just comes and goes it does not come when I am on my menstrual cycle or around that time when I am due, I am so sorry for the missing info as I don't know how to change it.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook