Sudden tiredness

Garybee_2602

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi , I only got a type two diagnosis about 3 weeks ago so I'm very new to all this, I would just like to ask about sudden tiredness, I am altering my diet and have cut out a lot of the rubbish but I find myself getting very tired all the time and occasionally it's like everything shuts down ! It's like watching a movie and then someone hits pause and everything stops . Is this due to the diabetes ??

X-entricity

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Type 2 can make you a bit tired but I would suspect that the change of diet has much to do with it. You have to cut the rubbish out but you also have to make sure that you eat sufficient to carry on. I had the same at the start and still get tired periods but most of this feeling should pass.

dipakotak

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Garybee_2602 I was recently diagnosed with Type 2 - (about 6 weeks ago) and I can relate to how you feel. I still feel very tired on some days.You body is adjusting to the changes you have made and eventually you will get your energy levels up. Just take one day a time and focus on the positive changes you have made.

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
What are you eating Gary?

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Hi Gary and welcome. When I was diagnosed a few years ago, sudden overwhelming tiredness was the only symptom I had. I had no increased thirst, urination, anything like that. As someone that had never been able to doze in the armchair, it felt like I'd been drugged - I was actually fighting to keep my eyes open.
As already mentioned, it might be helpful if you tell us what you eat, also do you monitor your own blood glucose levels?

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Hi Garybee.welcome.
I was having no problems when I first knew I had type 2,It was a shock for me, but the change in diet did make me feel very tired for a few weeks,then I was fine and I have been good ever since
All the best.

Reactions: 2 people

robhey

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have been getting fatigue a lot recently. Its like someone has opened a tap in my ankle and all my energy suddenly drains out. I went to my GP and he said that diabetics (I'm type 2) can get tired due to the fluctuations in blood sugar. He sent a load of blood tests away and everything was normal except that my vitamin D was very low. Normal is anything above 50, mine was 19 (sorry I don't know the units) he has put me on a high dose of Vitamin D to see if that maked any difference. Lack of Vit D can give you brittle bones and a load of other problems.