Sugar free jelly never looked so much fun.

LaughingHyena

Had a birthday party at home this weekend and made these jelly squares, the kids thought they were amazing. I used sugar fee jelly and although they took a long time with setting all the layers each step was only a few minutes.

You need several flavours of jelly, I used strawberry, Orange and Blackcurrent. I tried with the lemon and lime but the colour was not really strong enough to show up, next time I'd probably add a touch of food colour to it. I wanted the jelly to be able to be served cut into squares so I made up each packet with only 3/4 pint of water instead of the full pint and added 1/3 of a sachet of powdered gelatine.

Make up your first pack of jelly, lightly grease a rectangular dish and pour in half the jelly. place the dish in the fridge and wait for it to set, it doesnt take long, you want it to still be a bit sticky. Add a tablespoon or so of plain yoghurt to the remaining jelly, and gently pour over the set layer. Once that layer has set make up the second pack, adding half plain and the other half with a little yoghurt. Once the final layer has been poured on I left it to set for a few hours before trying to turn it out. To turn it out place the whole dish in a larger dish of hot water for a few seconds till the endges of the jelly start to melt. Once it's out it can be cut up and served.
IMG_4921.JPG

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
They look fab.
My cousin when her kids were little for their birthday party thought she would make her jelly in the shape of a milk bottle.
Yep wasn't she smart!!!