Sugarless beer (Sugar free) advice

frenchy

Hello,

I came across a interesting beer a few months ago and I am considering becoming the exclusive distributor for the brand in the UK. I have tried the beer and it tastes very nice and definitely looks like a brand and product that might have potential in the UK due to the low carb, low calorie aspect, which is becoming a popular buying trend in current times. Although calorie wise it is roughly the same as any low calorie beer like Michelob Ultra and MGD Light it has only 1.39g of carbs even though it is a normal strength beer (4.3%), normal low cal beers are around 3.1g of carbs per bottle.

After a bit of research I found the market I am mainly looking at would be people who are trying to find a beer that has the same taste as a normal beer but is less unhealthy for you i.e. has less calories and carbs. The sort of people I am refering to may be people who are trying to lose weight and people that are trying to seek a healthier lifestyle but want to be able to still enjoy a drink at the same time.

Upon researching further I realized that this beer may also be of interest to diabetics and people with heart problems. I was wondering if this beer would be of interest at all to diabetics or anyone else that is sugar intolerant? my friend who is diabetic doesn't really drink but he seems to think it might be interesting for people who do.

I understand that the alcohol is also an issue, but is a beer with completely no sugar (low carb, low cal) a good thing for diabetics? Obviously diabetics are advised not to drink alcohol anyway or at least in moderation but I know many do, so I am interested to know if a beer like this could help people or at least make it easier and more manageable for them to drink if they are going to anyway.

Thank you in advance for your answers.
:D

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
frenchy said:
Hello,......

I understand that the alcohol is also an issue, but is a beer with completely no sugar (low carb, low cal) a good thing for diabetics? Obviously diabetics are advised not to drink alcohol anyway or at least in moderation but I know many do, so I am interested to know if a beer like this could help people or at least make it easier and more manageable for them to drink if they are going to anyway.

Thank you in advance for your answers.
:D
maybe I'm completely sceptical but this rings a bell
I understand that the alcohol is also an issue, but is a wine with completely no sugar a good thing for diabetics? Obviously diabetics are advised not to drink alcohol anyway but I know many do, so I am interested to know if a wine like this could help people or at least make it easier and more manageable for them to drink if they are going to anyway.
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14244&hilit=+wine
Obviously you moved from potentially investing in wine to beer!

frenchy

Hi Phoenix,

You are right I was looking at investing in Wine, which is how I came across the beer I am talking about. The wine was billed as being a savour to diabetic people, when it turns out a small amount of sugar is probably better than no sugar at all in regards to wine, so not really a great product in my opinion and besides it didn't taste very nice.

The beer I am looking at is a more attractive investment as the market is for anyone that wants a low carb beer and wouldn't be something that would specifically be marketed for anyone diabetic as it would only be a very, very small portion of the market if any.

I would still like peoples opinion on low carb beer if anyone can help. Thanks