Suggestion

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
There's some wonderful information on this forum but the other day I was looking for that great website on carbs and couldn't remember where it was.My suggestion is this.Two stickys,one for type one and one for type two where we could put all the useful links that we find.It would help newbies to diabetes find the info and for the forgetful ones,like me ,it would keep all the links together...Thoughts.

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Sue,
I think a "useful links" sticky would be really worthwhile, but don't agree that we need separate ones for T1 and T2. There is so much information that is useful and of interest to both types. Also many type 2s are on insulin treatment and need much the same info (e.g how to count carbs, etc) that T1s need.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
My reason for having the two links was specifically for very new diabetics who have been given the diagnosis one or two and initially want to find info on them.Telling a new type two about insulin can be frightening etc.Once they are up to speed on their particular type then they will want to know more in the broader sense.(Well I did anyway!!)

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Sue,
Valid point - maybe we need three, new T1 info, new T2 info and a general info for all.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
I'm on holiday this week so I might make a start on the stickys(or should that be stickies?).I have already picked up a heap of links just from 9 pages in the discussion topics!So in between stuffing the presents and wrapping the turkey I will try and start this off.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Well that's a start.Please anyone with good links add them in and if I've omitted ,botched or anything let me know so I can fix it.I hope that newbies especially find this useful.