Sukrin Bread Mix

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
bullies, racism, ridiculous political correctness
Hi Everyone, I am thinking of trying the above bread mix from Amazon even though it is quite expensive. I cannot try the Livlife bread as I do not have a Waitrose store near me. What are people's experiences with this bread, did it actually taste like bread and which mix did you find to be the best etc. Any replies will be most welcome

B

badcat

I wasn't that keen although it was nice to have something to put nut butters etc on
I found it quite salty and it didn't toast too well
I'm currently having the occasional slice of Hi-Lo bread which I get in sainsburys 5g carbs a slice - tastes like normal bread and toasts well although the slices are not very big

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for asking this - we bought a pack from tescos recently (taking out a second mortgage to do so!).

We are keeping it for a rainy bread-craving day, but at the moment I have some Livlife bread in the freezer, so using that, occasionally.

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
i bake my own , i cup flax meal i cup linseed, 2 eggs, 2 tablespoons butter , pinch baking powder, and herbs of choice pinch salt splash water all in mix in bread tin , its lovley and sooooooo much cheaper to buy x

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
bullies, racism, ridiculous political correctness
Thanks all for the replies. I don't have a Waitrose near me to buy Livlife bread and cath99 I wish I could stand the taste of Flaxseeds, everything would be so much easier but alas I can't stomach it, Deb

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks all for the replies. I don't have a Waitrose near me to buy Livlife bread and cath99 I wish I could stand the taste of Flaxseeds, everything would be so much easier but alas I can't stomach it, Deb
Yes, our nearest Waitrose is 50+ miles away. We bought 2 loaves in... er... March, when we happened to be passing. Froze them both. Still have half a loaf left.

I'll probably buy 3 loaves next time.

A

AnnieC

Can't stand LivLife bread myself but I do sometimes have gluten free bread lower in carbs than normal bread as it is not made with wheat but probably not low enough for the very low carbers

HazelD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hot weather
i bake my own , i cup flax meal i cup linseed, 2 eggs, 2 tablespoons butter , pinch baking powder, and herbs of choice pinch salt splash water all in mix in bread tin , its lovley and sooooooo much cheaper to buy x
Cath how long do you cook your bread and at what temp?