1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Sunburn Blisters

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by mrssmurf2, May 20, 2011.

1. mrssmurf2

mrssmurf2 · Active Member

Hi

I recently went to Lanzarote and was very concious of using suntan cream. I used a high factor 30 but unfortunately I missed a bit near my armpit shoulder and bra straps. I now have a very unsightly collection of blister on both fore shoulder. They are not massive but there is aboout 10 on each shoulder and full of puss.
    It sounds a bit pathetic but they are extremely painful. :oops:

Has anyone got any advice, as I am sat here cant go out of house cos I cant wear a bra (and need to wear one to go out) and smothered in aqueous cream which doesn't seem to be helping.

My blood sugars are usally around 10.

Thanks all

2. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Only advice I can offer is to get this looked at by your gp.

Nigel

3. Jen&Khaleb

Jen&Khaleb · Well-Known Member

If the area is large go to your GP as infections are common with any burns. I live in Australia and can't say I've ever got to the stage of blisters but the only real relief comes with cool showers, fans, drinking lots of water and after sun creams (zinc creams are good). You can get better creams that will help with pain relief from your doctor or pharmacy. You can also put aspirin (crushed up) directly onto the affected areas. I know you must miss the sun but covering up is better than being burnt.

4. mrssmurf2

mrssmurf2 · Active Member

Thanks for the advice

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook