Sunburn Blisters

mrssmurf2

Hi

I recently went to Lanzarote and was very concious of using suntan cream. I used a high factor 30 but unfortunately I missed a bit near my armpit shoulder and bra straps. I now have a very unsightly collection of blister on both fore shoulder. They are not massive but there is aboout 10 on each shoulder and full of puss.
It sounds a bit pathetic but they are extremely painful. :oops:

Has anyone got any advice, as I am sat here cant go out of house cos I cant wear a bra (and need to wear one to go out) and smothered in aqueous cream which doesn't seem to be helping.

My blood sugars are usally around 10.

Thanks all

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
mrssmurf2 said:
Has anyone got any advice

Only advice I can offer is to get this looked at by your gp.

Nigel

Jen&Khaleb

Dislikes
Not having enough time. Broken sleep.
If the area is large go to your GP as infections are common with any burns. I live in Australia and can't say I've ever got to the stage of blisters but the only real relief comes with cool showers, fans, drinking lots of water and after sun creams (zinc creams are good). You can get better creams that will help with pain relief from your doctor or pharmacy. You can also put aspirin (crushed up) directly onto the affected areas. I know you must miss the sun but covering up is better than being burnt.