Supper

monty1878

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Anyone give any tips on what to eat at supper time? I've had toast a couple of times and it's kept my bg low in the morning but I obviously don't want to keep eating it.

Any advice would be great, my nurse told me that if my blood was below 8 at bedtime to have something to eat to maintain my level and avoid a hypo during the night

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Hello, Monty what insulin are you on? I see you are newly diagnosed so your pancreas is probably have a final fling before it bites the dust completely hence having to snack. Can you tolerate cheese before bed as wondering about some cheese and biscuits.

Reactions: 2 people

Sucre Bleu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Cheese and bikkies is a fav of mine, and the dietician is encouraging higher protein as I am very low. I basically need supper every night, to me rather than breakfast its the most important meal of the day. If I am not hungry I aim for a warm milo, or a icy one over the summer. I also love 1.5 weetbix with warm milk, 1.5 sounds so precise but if hypo its a fav thing to eat with sugar and I know (and my daughters know) if grumpy and not cooperating they can usually coax me with a weetbix :rolleyes: Pretty sure hypo favs is a topic for another thread tho, I also like a yoghurt and banana

monty1878

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello, Monty what insulin are you on? I see you are newly diagnosed so your pancreas is probably have a final fling before it bites the dust completely hence having to snack. Can you tolerate cheese before bed as wondering about some cheese and biscuits.
I am on apidara 3 times a day and lantus at night

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
I am on apidara 3 times a day and lantus at night
As you are in what is known as the honeymoon period your readings will be a bit erratic, but if it's getting that you are constantly going low perhaps talk to your DSN about reducing your insulin a bit if you don't want to keep snacking.