Supplementary Medication

billder

Hi, New Member to the Forum.

I am a Type2 Diabetic who has been taking the following Oral for some years. I take Metformin, Perindropril, Gliklazide, Atenol, Fenofibrate, Aspirin and Simvastatin; for diabetes, BP, cholestoral etc

I have come off SIMVASTATIN due to continued muscle soreness and general itching.

I have looked around and found a pill called DIABETONE at the following link which I will try along with the pills above:-

vitabiotics.com/Diabetone...n_formula.aspx

The above link outlines the formula of Diabetone.

Some Googling suggested OMEGA3 and Q10 also, which aren't included in the Diabetone Formula. Could anyone advise if the addition of Omega3 and Q10 would be ok?.. The Diabetone should be ok as its for Diabetics BUT IT doesn't include OMEGA3 and Q10..

Advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks

B

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I think that Diabetone is one of those that comes up fairly regularly, and while not harmful if used according to directions, it does more good to the manufacture's pockets than to diabetics.
There have been several recalls out on Diabetone products.
All I can say on supplements is that I've tried several and none has made any discernable difference, although my vet brother does say L-Carnitine could be good.
I find a good nutritious diet, in sparse portions suits me well.

Herman lausan

Nicotinic acid (Niacin) will do the same for you as a statin. Without the muscle side effects. Statins attack the heart muscle at the same time as other muscles. 2000mg. are recommended , but I take 250 mg. Because I exercise daily. The exercise brings my Glucose , cholesterol and blood pressure into normal from very high.
Also for my diabetes I take 2000mg. of Metformin and 3 mg. of Amaryl.

My Hba1c is 5.5 and my fbs is 96 or 5.3.

Glad you got off the statins.

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hanadr said:
There have been several recalls out on Diabetone products.

Theres two products with the name diabetone..
One has gynmema sylvestre in it and is usually found in America.

The vitabiotics one ( also the makers of the popular pregnacare vitamin supplement) are the ones you will find in the uk and haven't had any recalls.

You can save money and avoid their additional omega assisted version by taking the original vitabiotics diabetone multivitamin supplement with flaxseed, oil or milled, as it will do the same job cheaper.

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app

nishakaur

Most plant foods are rich in fiber, which is beneficial for helping control blood sugar levels. Use of garlic for lowering blood glucose levels.Be sure that sometimes the label on a dietary supplement bottle may not accurately reflect what is inside. So before using any supplement please contact to your doctor