Supplementation

sf352

Dislikes
Diabetes!
Hi Stu. I take a multivitamin dissolvable tablet each day or a vitamin c drink (rubes/beeline etc), I also take a glucosamine tablet for joints, I've had a lot of trouble with my knees, working on them for years plus I run and cycle a good bit. I usually take them with a meal but I've taken them on their own without insulin and have noticed no change in my BM? I use a protein recovery shake after a hard session on the bike. It has a carb in it so it will affect your sugars and took a bit of fine tuning to get right but I found I wasn't as sore and tired the day after since I've been using them. Hope this helps?

Pearsall85

Hey, yeah that helps a lot thanks. I used to take glucosamine before I was diagnosed but then I read that diabetic shouldn't take it, then I read other studies saying it was ok to take so I've ordered some again and I'll see if it affects me.

Stu.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Just High Strength Cod liver Oil taken from the spoon (10ml).

sf352

Dislikes
Diabetes!
I've found you can pick anything and there's a website that says it's bad for you and one that says it's not! Trial and error is the only way, what works for me may not necessarily work for someone else? The important thing would be to experiment on days your at home and test regularly. Especially with the protein shakes etc.