Jotter84

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Eating fish , only eat Cod!
Hi Guys and Girls,

Before i got diagnosed as a type 2 a few years back i use to take Fat Burners, now i found they did work for me as i trained well and eat ok..ish but these helped me drop a a stone in around a month.

However now i know i am type 2 i was looking to get back on them and am looking at joining a gym in the next few weeks so want to give myself a push to shed so of that belly fat.

Can any one advise, i have attached the details for the one's I've used before and want to know if they are safe to use.

BURN CALORIES, SPEED UP MATBOLISM, INCREASE ENERGY
Burn Bullets are Grilla Fitness's hugely popular weight loss product. We use carefully selected Ingredients to promote natural weight loss forcing your body to use fat for energy.
We also provide a free diet plan to help you achieve your body goals!

INGREDIENTS
2 Caps (a days serving) to be taken separately contain
Caffeine (from cocoa, anhydrous and guarana) 323mg
Brazilian Cocoa Extract 4:1 240mg
Cayenne Extract 8:1 190mg
Hops Extract 7.5:1 100mg
Green Coffee Extract 20:1 95mg
Green Tea Extract 4:1 40mg
Niacin (Vitamin B3) 35mg NE 219%
Guarana Extract 4:1 24mg
Acetyl (N) L-Carnitine 20mg
Bioperine 9mg
Chromium 2.4µg 6%
OUR PRODUCT DOES NOT CONTAIN DNP

Burn Bullets
Raises your metabolism
Burns excess fat by encouraging the body to use fat for energy
Increases energy levels
Suppresses appetite
100% natural and safe
Ideal for both men and women
60 capsules (at least 1 months supply)

S

Sean01

Hi Guys and Girls,

Before i got diagnosed as a type 2 a few years back i use to take Fat Burners, now i found they did work for me as i trained well and eat ok..ish but these helped me drop a a stone in around a month.

However now i know i am type 2 i was looking to get back on them and am looking at joining a gym in the next few weeks so want to give myself a push to shed so of that belly fat.

Can any one advise, i have attached the details for the one's I've used before and want to know if they are safe to use.

BURN CALORIES, SPEED UP MATBOLISM, INCREASE ENERGY
Burn Bullets are Grilla Fitness's hugely popular weight loss product. We use carefully selected Ingredients to promote natural weight loss forcing your body to use fat for energy.
We also provide a free diet plan to help you achieve your body goals!

INGREDIENTS
2 Caps (a days serving) to be taken separately contain
Caffeine (from cocoa, anhydrous and guarana) 323mg
Brazilian Cocoa Extract 4:1 240mg
Cayenne Extract 8:1 190mg
Hops Extract 7.5:1 100mg
Green Coffee Extract 20:1 95mg
Green Tea Extract 4:1 40mg
Niacin (Vitamin B3) 35mg NE 219%
Guarana Extract 4:1 24mg
Acetyl (N) L-Carnitine 20mg
Bioperine 9mg
Chromium 2.4µg 6%
OUR PRODUCT DOES NOT CONTAIN DNP

Burn Bullets
Raises your metabolism
Burns excess fat by encouraging the body to use fat for energy
Increases energy levels
Suppresses appetite
100% natural and safe
Ideal for both men and women
60 capsules (at least 1 months supply)
Hello. Credential first: T2 since Oct 15, ex body builder, Biology graduate.
Results: I've lost six stone so far since October 2015. Initially my exercise was just gentle walking but now up to 5-7 times a week - treadmill and bike and 3 sessions per week in the gym. Supplements - NONE - apart from some vit C if I start to get the signs of a sore throat or runny nose.
I assume you drive a car. If you do, you will know that to get the max speed from your car, you initially get more or less everything you can out of 1st gear, before going into 2nd, third, fourth etc. If you go from stationary to 4th you will stall.

So let's apply this to real life:
You are new to diabetes - you may be amazed at hom much weight you loose just from cleaning up your diet. Insulin production helps store fat - no matter what you eat, but oif you learn to control your sugar, you will learn to control your insulin and you will store less fat.
Start back in the gym first and see what happens on your new diet. You may find that you are exercising like a man possessed - or at least a man who has to exercise to improve quality and quantity of life! There's nothing better to motivate you. Use a combination of strength building (if you want) and aerobic/stamina type training.
Record and measure everything, weights, distances, time, moods, etc as well as blood sugar levels.
This will help establish a base line that will help you manage your diabetes. If you don't, it will manage you - and you don't want that.
See how it goes - and measure that in weeks and months.
Then and only then start asking about fat burners that speed up your metabolism ans supress your appetitie (Their words)
Incidently, I don't take supplements (apart fropm occassional vit c - but chilli peppers and cayame pepper - I add those spices top my food - it works and yes, I drink black coffee and black tea - never cafeine drinks like red bull etc.

Summary
Gym
Exercise
Record results - and most importantly, learn from them
Modify your diet if you need to.

There are people on this site who make my initial 6 stone loss look very small indeed, so I am sure you can loose a stone of belly fat with a cleaner T2 diet and some moderate exercise. (As for the weight loss, don't be fooled by the number. I'm still built like a brick out house. It's just that I can now see my toes in the shower.)
As for the free diet plan these guys offer - I may have a use for it if you punch a small hole in one corner. I have a hook in my outside loo.
Good luck.

Reactions: 7 people

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Id have to agree with Sean above - you don't need "fat burning" supplements - you just need to exercise and eat the right food (which for us diabetics means watching the carbs!)

I've lost over 8 stones in the last 18 months, my BMI has gone from 38 to 21 and my waist from 44" to 29" simply by improving my diet and getting moving.
I started really low carbing (<20g a day) and lots of walking with five a side once a week. As my weight dropped, I took up squash and then running (I've just finished my first 5k and am looking to a 10k now)

I no longer low carb but still carefully watch what I eat and make sure I get loads of exercise

I'm 50 this year but feel better than I did in my 30's - once you sort you diet out you may well find (as I did) that the vicious circle of weight gain and bad health turns into a virtuous circle of weight loss and improved health.

Good luck!

Reactions: 2 people

Lindy1706

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Second all of the above I have cleaned up my diet to all real food and low carb I exercise most days gym Pilates and aqua and am 16.5 kilos down since 10th Feb and blood sugars nicely stable.

Also wearing clothes that were snug when I was lighter so not just weight loss.

I look on this as a balancing act and a long game you need to take blood readings then write down everything food exercise mood it will all have an effect.

Good luck

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sean01

Id have to agree with Sean above - you don't need "fat burning" supplements - you just need to exercise and eat the right food (which for us diabetics means watching the carbs!)

I've lost over 8 stones in the last 18 months, my BMI has gone from 38 to 21 and my waist from 44" to 29" simply by improving my diet and getting moving.
I started really low carbing (<20g a day) and lots of walking with five a side once a week. As my weight dropped, I took up squash and then running (I've just finished my first 5k and am looking to a 10k now)

I no longer low carb but still carefully watch what I eat and make sure I get loads of exercise

I'm 50 this year but feel better than I did in my 30's - once you sort you diet out you may well find (as I did) that the vicious circle of weight gain and bad health turns into a virtuous circle of weight loss and improved health.

Good luck!
Fantastic. 51 in a few days time - inspiration for me to keep going. As for the 5k - and being able to run - don't stop. I started walking when I came off crutches after 3 years ( I tripped and tore some ligaments hoovering).. I started on the treadmill and just kept adding a bit every day. I ended up walking the Loch Ness Marathon (last man over the line in 2012). Go for the 10 k ( 5 milers are available, Then do a half marathon and keep going. I will go back to Loch Ness before I reach 55 - and I will be so much quicker - now that I've lost the weight. (Running World will have everything you need. Subscribe or read old copies at the dentists!

Reactions: 6 people

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I heard on TV a while ago about weight and loosing it that there is no clinical evidence that fat burners work exercise and diet is far more effective

TorqPenderloin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I take a fat burner that contains a low-grade beaver tranquilizer, and the tears from Sherpas who have reached the summit of Mt. Everest. It's insanely expensive and it says "Fat burner" on the label so I assume it works.

In all seriousness, save your money. Anything that works is already illegal and/or can potentially destroy your liver and kidneys.

nirouleur

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have just one question - how much did you lose per month when you weren't taking the "fat burners"? None? Some? The same?

As many have already said, I consider these sorts of things to be snake oil. Any effect will be purely placebo and down to other factors like your overall diet and exercise levels.

Why do you think the world of spam advertising on the web is full of such things? Because people perceive they work and pay huge amounts of money for them. But do they? Well, jury is out but the evidence is very not compelling at all.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In the past few months, we've had quite a few news segments on people in Australia needing urgent liver transplants after taking these kinds of supplements. Given how hard it is for people waiting for transplants, I think it's pretty unfortunate that people are jumping the queue for such a stupid reason :stop:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I think you will find the general consensus on here is that fat burners even if they work and I do not believe that they do, are at best a temporary and short term solution to beat diabetes what is required is a long term commitment to a complete change in life style and diet. They may help lose weight in the short term but can have deleterious effects on health but what happens then you can't keep taking them for ever and if you have depended on them to get your weight down when you stop taking them you will just be faced with the same problems you have now.

I have lost over 5 stones in just over six months I do not have the option of exercise and so had to make some drastic changes by way of lower carb and fat intake together with strict calorific control. But with exercise and a better diet you should be able to lose the weight you need to without such a drastic change as I had to make.

Please ditch the fat burners they are not the answer not in the long term.

Reactions: 5 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
All those stimulants... nasty.
I expect they would add a lot of stress to your system, with accompanying liver dumps and blood glucose ricocheting around the place. Like smoking cigarettes, x10

Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. I limit my stimulation to one delicious cup of coffee every morning.

Reactions: 6 people

Jotter84

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thank you all, I used they before to help shift the stubborn body fat but now after seeing all your reply will do it the proper way.
Just a case of getting use to being a type 2 and eating the right foods. Got a 1-2-1 session hopefully in a few weeks with a gym instructor to work out a plan with me as I do shifts want to get maximum effort and use from limited time in the gym hence why I also asked what people thought of fat burners.
Appriacte all your advice and comments folks.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Second all of the above I have cleaned up my diet to all real food and low carb I exercise most days gym Pilates and aqua and am 16.5 kilos down since 10th Feb and blood sugars nicely stable.

Also wearing clothes that were snug when I was lighter so not just weight loss.

I look on this as a balancing act and a long game you need to take blood readings then write down everything food exercise mood it will all have an effect.

Good luck
My word, you are an inspiration to us all and you did all that without fat burners.

S

Sean01

I hope you don't mind me saying, but news this good doesn't happen every day and I just wanted to show our new friend what can be achieved with the right attitude and without fat burners. I have today, after training on and off for nearly 40 years, had my best and strongest leg work out ever - which included 4 full deep reps with 850lbs on the leg press. (I've only been back to lifting weights for a few weeks after a many many years lay off. NO supplements. NO magic pills and potions and NO fat burning compounds just proper food with emphasis on the low cabs and most of my blood tests this week have been between 5 and 6 before a meal and never about 7.2 afterwards.; Guys, it can be done. Diabetes does not stop life!
Your legs will do so much good for you.

Mind you, I will be walking like I've just had a brief encounter in a prison by the time I wake up in the morning, but hey - that's when you know it's worked.

Reactions: 4 people

Jotter84

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Blimey that is brilliant, some top results there. Guess doing it the right way is the way ahead.
I have joined a gym now and done a circuit class and felt quit good and am now doing a kettlebell abs class and signed up for spin classes so am going to do it the proper way...blood, sweat and tears but the PT I spoke to has dealt with other type 2 diabetics and aims to improve levels fitness and lose weight with in 12 weeks so am up for the challenge.