Approved Survey: Diabetes Mellitus and carbohydrate restriction

TrialsBot

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
Other
Information is priceless. In the context of diabetes, the best patient outcomes can typically be achieved when both doctors and patients can quickly and easily access good quality information to guide them on a treatment journey.

In this survey, Jan and David are trying to capture the views of patients with diabetes from different countries in relation to their diet, perceived benefits and drawbacks, their clinical results and overall experience with their doctors and with availability of useful information.

The results of this survey will form part of a new review paper on ketogenic diets in diabetes and will hopefully help inform future studies and also nutrition teaching at medical schools and clinical practice, for the benefit of patients. Your help would be much appreciated as the authors are seeking to get as many responses from diabetics as possible.

More details and context in this interview published in the Czech Republic.

Take part in the survey here: http://bit.ly/2a0XOBs

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Done but wish I could have written some comments...
My cholesterol has gone bad since taking anti cancer tablets.. Worst ldl/hdl ever.. Yet just before tablets was the best ever...

hels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'll have the results of my latest blood tests on Monday so will do it then.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
My issue with the question 14 about "how has weight changed since diagnosis" is that I was 13 when diagnosed, and have grown up, so I gained around 25kg, but a lot of it is nothing to do with Diabetes.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My issue with the question 14 about "how has weight changed since diagnosis" is that I was 13 when diagnosed, and have grown up, so I gained around 25kg, but a lot of it is nothing to do with Diabetes.
Would have been better if it had been weight changes since starting diet. After 15 years T2 I gained weight from 10 stone to around 18, but now back at 10 stone thanks to diet.

Dillinger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery.
Done

I'd be interested to see if many of us had non-standard total cholesterol levels but good hdl/ldl ratios and good triglycerides.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Done but with HbA1c, etc results from earlier this year, I'm currently awaiting latest (last week's) figures.

Robbity

Reactions: Oldvatr

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Would have been better if it had been weight changes since starting diet.

Yes, I didn't start losing weight until about 3 months after diagnosis when I eventually started eating LCHF rather than initially just cutting sugar and carbs.

Robbity