1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Survived cake!

Discussion in 'Food, Nutrition and Recipes' started by hanadr, Mar 27, 2009.

1. hanadr

hanadr · Expert

Yesterday, I did my normal (now) 2 classes at the sports centre. First class was Aquamobility at 8:30.
    One of the classmates was celebrating his birthday and our retired cookery teacher member had made a coffee and walnut cake. My Bg had been Good that morning 4.6, so I risked a tiny sliver. Delicious!
    2nd class was chair based exercise. That's harder than you'd think. Again a class member was celebratting a birthday. This time it was an M&S carrot cake. I had a sliver of that too.
    I was good for the rest of the day and went to bed with a BG of 5.1!!!!
    I didn't use my optional extra Metformin 500 or any Starlix
    I survived. I don't think I should do it every day, but I hope I'm reducing my insulin resistance.

2. Bubsy Malone

Bubsy Malone · Well-Known Member

That's great Hana, well done!

3. Trinkwasser

Trinkwasser · Well-Known Member

Yes I can do that kind of thing occasionally, mainly in the evening.

The trouble is you never know which is the time that you can't

4. Patch

Patch Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Excercise is the miracle cure for diabetes. I thought everone knew that? Now I'm off for an hour of badminton!

5. hanadr

hanadr · Expert

I did do 2 gym classes on the day of the cake.
    Hana

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook