Swapping from Novomix to Lavimire and Novorapid... advice pl

nikkihc

Dislikes
I dislike not being able to have cup's of tea before bed as even the skimmed milk takes me too high before sleeping !!
Hi all,
exciting / scary times (for me at least)

I'm going to pick up my stuff so I can start the basal bolus regime. Question, I'm on currently Novomix 70... should I take my normal morning shot today or not bother and start levimir (long acting) at 12noon (my planned time of day for my long acting)?

Also 12 noon for my long acting makes sense to me than bed time as I can guarentee I'll be awake at 12noon every day where as bed time is all different times of the evening... or am I being strange?

This makes more sense to me but just want to check your thoughts...

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
Re: Swapping from Novomix to Lavimire and Novorapid... advic

nikkihc said:
Hi all,
exciting / scary times (for me at least)

I'm going to pick up my stuff so I can start the basal bolus regime. Question, I'm on currently Novomix 70... should I take my normal morning shot today or not bother and start levimir (long acting) at 12noon (my planned time of day for my long acting)?

Also 12 noon for my long acting makes sense to me than bed time as I can guarentee I'll be awake at 12noon every day where as bed time is all different times of the evening... or am I being strange?

This makes more sense to me but just want to check your thoughts...

Hi,

i know it's a little late as you will have switched your insulin regime by now but i hope it all went well :)

HLW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Re: Swapping from Novomix to Lavimire and Novorapid... advic

Oh didn't notice this post, hope the switch went well. In choosing a time for your levemir, consider that you might have to take it every twelve hours.