Sweating and passing urine

perrywinkle

Hi Can anyone advise please. I am T2 Diabetic (diet controlled no meds) and have for the past few months been suffering dreadin sweating especially at nightime. It frequently wakes me up with the urge to go to the loo and pass urine. Once I have been it subsides. I wake most mornings with headache, Am I deydrated? I did wonder if it was because my sugars are high during the night, despite eating heathily and not having much before bedtime in the way of drinking.

RussG

It could be lots of things. First off I would book an appointment with your doctor and get it checked out. The other thing you could do is try a bit more testing when you go to bed and when you wake up if you have a meter. If you don't have one, it might be worth getting one.

It could related to your diabetes, but could also be lots of other things. Get it checked it by the doc to be sure.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi perrywinkle,
Your night sweats could be hormone related [menapause?]
With the increased urine? your body is simply getting rid of the glucose via urine.
Plus IF ? you have an underactive thyroid too it mucks up your metabolism also.
Headaches could be with the errattic swings in your hormones, plus your temperature regulator alters to compensate.
I am through all of the above , but can totally relate and sympathise with you completely.
Best place to start is with an appt at your GP's tell them all your symptoms and how you generally feel also.
You might need some help meds? new care plan? to help you through this.
As too keep having nights of broken sleep - sweating cobs isnt nice. :(
Hope this helps?
Anna.x :D

carophie04

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I know exactly how you feel. Have been having profust sweating in the early hours through till mid-morning and it drives me mad. I do have an underactive thyroid as well for which I take thyroxine so it could be like Anna says something to do with that. Was only diagnosed in August but feel sure I have had diabetes a lot longer than that. In fact, despite frequent trips to GP because I felt unwell, she never even suggested I could be diabetic or that I be tested. In the end I bought some urinalysis sticks and found my glucose levels were as high as they could be. WHen I went to GP and told her she tested me and said "Oh yes so you are we'd better send you for Hb1AC" which came back extremely high so am now on Metformin. Like you say the sweating and getting up in the night to go to the loo wears you down - lack of sleep etc., just hope it is not like this forever! I wish you well.