Sweet tooth! (when my BMs are very high)

NoSugarBabe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Has anyone else noticed, as I have:
that, when my BMs are very high, that is the VERY time - ironically! & unfortunately! - that I often crave sweets&chocs really badly!!

Which is of course not good for me, as it means a sugar-overloaded system then gets overloaded with yet MORE sugar! :-(

Is this my imagination? Or have other Type2 diabetics noticed the same extreme-craving?!?!

Bev18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes when mine were high 9 weeks ago and the months before, I drank orange juice a full carton in a day, diet coke, pint of milk a day.. but didn't act on it though. I ate chocolate nd Crisp's but was losing weight didn't think bloods we r e out of control.

On insulin now and started victoza yesterday because I've been putting at least 1lb a week on I reckon,despite being incredibly healthy food wise since the insulin.

How have you been with victoza?

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Similar story here, when my BGs were 20 mmol/l or greater I could have ate a whole cake shop lol. Paradoxically you're not getting the energy from what you are eating due to insulin insufficiency/resistance so your brain sends signal to eat MORE which all in all is a total bummer. Hope things go well and you sugars go down to normal values.:)

Reactions: 2 people