Sweet treats recipes

Mum81

Type of diabetes
Gestational
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all

I'm 16 weeks pregnant with my 2nd son and I crave sweets!! I've found that having 5 Haribo sweets (wine gums) is ok as long as I walk after/move around. Also discovered Belgium chocolate with a crazy low carb/sugar level !!

Any cake or cookie recipes out there??

David147

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
These gingersnap cookies are really good, they come out of the oven soft and calling for a glass of cold milk, but turn crispy/chewy. Hope you have the spices. Archway makes some just like these.
Spread some peanut butter on a graham cracker, can add jam if you want. That is easy, and for most people, different.
Otherwise, make peanut butter cookies, soft or crunchy. I like the crunchy ones, again with that glass of cold milk.
INGREDIENTS for grandma's gingersnaps
3/4 cup margarine
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup white sugar for decoration
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, cream together the margarine and 1 cup white sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and molasses until well blended. Combine the flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; stir into the molasses mixture to form a dough. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and roll the balls in the remaining sugar. Place cookies 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.