Sweetners

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Personally I use them all and can never detect the difference but others say they vary a lot. The flat Hermesetas pack fits in the pocket so I find it useful when out and about

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I like Splenda to carry about, but also have Stevia powder at home.
Hana

candyfloss

Dislikes
Processed foods and refined carbohydrates!
I use 1 Sweetex for tea. For coffee I use a quarter spoon of sugar and can almost count the grains. I dont know why I chose Sweetex, probably it was the cheapest but its perfectly ok. I use Sainsburys SlendaSweet in plain yoghurt. I dont buy those small fruit yoghurt pots such as Muller, Ski etc. Full of sugar and a lot lot cheaper to create your own.

WhatNotToEat

I use canderel. Though I hear stories about how sweetener is not really good for you, something about the chemicals in them?

What Not To Eat
www.facebook.com/WhatNotToEat
Uniting those with coeliac disease, diabetes and gluten sensitivity.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
I use Splenda tabs in coffee, and Splenda granulated if I want to sweeten (eg) natural yoghurt.

Viv 8)

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I try and avoid sweeteners wherever possible, you just get used to a less sweet taste.

Fraddycat

I've started using Stevia, which is made from a natural leaf and should not have all of the toxic stuff that other sweetners have. But watch out, any sweetner in powder form is 95% maltodextrin and only 5% of the actual sweetner. This is the case for splenda, sweetex, stevia, the lot. So I use the tabs crushed up or have recently bought liquid stevia which is great and very sweet!!