Swop from Novoslug to Fiasp

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Hi everyone, pointers please from swopping from Nslug to Fiasp. Can you switch between the both in one day? How fast acting is it,? How far in advance to inject? Is it any good for correcting dawn dump?. The leaflet in the box is less than helpful. Thanks

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes you can switch from one to the next on one day. The dose should be the same - your insulin to carb ratios are unlikely to change.
It starts acting quicker but lasts as long as NovoSloggish.
How far in advance depends on the person and the food you eat. When I migrated, I started off injecting just before I ate and kept an eye out for spikes on my Libre chart. If I saw a significant spike, I moved the dose earlier. I now find I inject about 30 minutes before breakfast but only 10 minutes before most other meals. Like everything else it takes some trial and error
It is quicker at any corrections and can be used for DP correction .,.. and miscalculated carb corrections and stress corrections and ...

Reactions: SueJB

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
The 2 are basically the same except Fiasp starts to work quicker and peaks slightly sooner. Same chemical mix with additives to make it work soo er

So dose the same.. For me 5 to 7 minute prior to eating... Peak effect at about 55 minutes

For things like pizza you *may* have to split the dose otherwise you *may* crash an hour after eating then go sky hight after 2-3... But this you'll need to figure out like you did with novolog