sympathy needed

Snodger

arghghg

as many of you know I'm busy studying type 1, and most of the time I actually find it quite empowering to learn more and think about the issues. But today I am writing a chapter that just explains exactly how much work we have to do just to stay alive, and I'm deliberately writing it out in huge detail to show how many skills we have to learn on top of being ordinary people with ordinary lives.

and oh. my. god. I suddenly feel really kind of exhausted and tired of fighting. And I know I'll get over it and just get on with things eventually... but I just wanted to have a little whine to people who have the same problems and know what I'm on about. And who know that sometimes, you just have to have a little cry. whiiine. :cry: :cry: s'not fair.

normal service resumed soon. I hope.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Hi Snodger

You're not alone - we're all here to help!

The number of times I just wish I could lift up all my problems in a package and hand them over to someone else, for good . . . but we can't, as we all know.

I find it hard not having a partner or someone who's business is to listen to my problems and help me when I'm down. I've been single almost all my life, while everyone else has parents/partners/children involved in their lives, and their problems are naturally focused on their own situation. It seems unfair for me to expect them to shoulder my burdens too!

This forum has been so great - somewhere to tell my story, voice worries and let off steam, with lots of helpful people advising, sympathising or even giving me a good kick up the a**e :shock: (thanks Ken :wink: ). And if you glaze over thinking 'not her again', at least I don't see it! :lol:

I'll be depressing myself next! :roll: Onwards and upwards! I managed 2 hours gardening today, and the sun was shining. Make the most of life's little pleasures :lol:

Viv :D

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
Hey,

Every now and then i stop and think my god. I work alot harder than some people to stay healthy and alive.

Then i remember that some people work twice as hard as even we do!

And i remember that im 22, and only had T1 for two years, i had a normal care-free childhood, i kinda have an upside that i didnt have diabetes as a child.

And that makes me more sad to think how many children battle diabetes every day as well as hard working parent who on top of washing, cooking, cleaning working also battle diabetes that doesn't even belong to them!

But even so, every once in a while it's okay to feel that your hard done to and that it's really hard.. because it most certainly is! :)

Aslong as at the end of they day you still battle with your own diabetes for good control and kick some *ss :)

We all understand how you feel snodger and it's good to have a little whine on here!

ZACNEMMA

If you see someone without a smile, give them yours :)
Hope your soon feeling on top of things xx love xx respect

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Snodger,

There no shame in pouring your heart and you have my sympathy, diabetes is with us 24/7 and it can at times be very trying, hope you feel better soon! :D

Nigel

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Snodger.
We may not agree on certain things........ :wink: But you have my heartfelt sympathy and understanding how you must feel at this moment. Hard work is tiring and at times soul destroying. Have a break, re-charge the batteries and put your head down again. Think of your goal, your aims and what you will achieve......I am sure you will.

As you can see, great support from Members here. Have a moan, have a groan........everybody is with you. Nobody can be perfect every day. It will get better....... :)

ATB.

stoney

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Snodger

Chin up :wink:

You are and have been very supportive and informative in helping me to try to get to grips with the new regime of MDI's for James.

Onwards and upwards

Take Care x

Snodger

thanks everyone. Sorry to be so needy all of a sudden!
am feeling a bit better today so thank you for all your support.

sugar2

Know how you feel! i would really love a "day off" from diabetes. People say, oh, you must be used to it...and they are right, I have been diabetic since I was 4...so more than 30 years...but it doesn't stop me occasionally getting reallly annoyed with it. Mind you, looking at the news and seeing the awful pictures of what is happening in Japan, really does put it in perspective.

I think you are allowed to feel a bit down about occasionally.... :oops:

Snodger

sugar2, I was thinking the very same about japan. Although I'm not sure that helped because I feel so incredibly sad for those who have had everything destroyed. It must have been so terrifying.