Symptoms of Diabetes, yet it's not!

etp

Hey, recently I've had a urine test due to the fact I was urinating an extra-ordinary amount and the Doctor was testing for diabetes, but this test came back false. The test was simply to urinate overnight, for the tests. I urinated 7L~, if that counts as frequent urination! (I'm 18 btw)

My other symptoms include:
Terribly dry mouth, I'm not thirsty but I'm drinking 4-5L a day just to make sure my throat and mouth isn't sandpaper!
Itching Skin - I'm terrible itchy uh, "downstairs". I mean, very itchy. This isn't a heigine issue, as I watch thoroughly every morning.
Sores that don't heal! - I've got uh, cuts "downstairs" aswell that sprung on due to very dry skin from antibiotics, these are not healing at all!
I've got glasses, so blurred vision is normal ;)

I was wondering if anyone knows of other conditions that these can be caused by, or if I should ask for another test,or what?

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
I think your doctor should be doing other tests to find the root of your problem ,urinating 7 L is definitely not normal!!Have you been on antibiotics lately? That can cause the 'downstairs ' problems!!

etp

I've taken multiple blood samples as well as multiple urine tests, should I just put up with it? Really does ruin my sleep!

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Whatever it is; something is wrong. It should be investigated

DiabeticGeek

If you have had "propper" tests (i.e. a blood sample taken by a doctor or nurse and sent away to a lab) rather than fingerprick tests then you can be fairly sure that it isn't diabetes. However, although these symptoms do sound like diabetes, one of my medical sources lists over 100 different causes for excessive thirst (ranging from utterly trivial to very serious). Whatever it may be, you need to find out - so keep on going back to your doctor until you get to the bottom of it. If your GP doesn't seem to be getting anywhere, then ask to be referred to a hospital - they will have more resources and a wider range of expertise.

Katharine

You can also get a pituitary disorder called diabetes insipidus. It's the peeing and the thirst without the high sugars and is not related to the bog standard diabetes we discuss on this forum also called "diabetes mellitus."

I agree that you are peeing like a fountain and need to see the doctor again. Very often doctors assume that everything is now fine with you if you don't go back. Just because the doc isn't reeling you in like a fish on a line does not mean that the doctor would not be interested in hearing what is going on. You may need referred on to an endocrinologist in a hospital for more investigations.