T1

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Re: T1

I'm always happy to chat :) I'm 23 and I've only been T1 8 weeks so I guess our stories are very different!

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I did at first, but I'm in the honeymoon period at the moment so I'm essentially eating and drinking like I did before diagnosis. I'm not looking forward to going back to I injections at every meal!

Sportlover

I'm 14 and was diagnosed 5 weeks ago. I am having a lot of difficulty controlling my blood sugar and giving injections. I forget all the time and have frequent lows and highs because of it. I hvent told anyone except my best friend and that is it. my teachers dont even know i just ask to leave class. I am also very athletic and have issues with athletics. I have nerve damage in my ears from poor control. I have trouble too so I'm in your boat!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

sharby22 said:
I think it best u do what I do and chat to ur doctor. Also it might be a good idea to think about using a pump like what I plan to do x

I think I would like a pump eventually, but I have to wait until after the honeymoon period. So who knows when that will be!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

sharby22 said:
Hey guys. I been a type 1 diabetic since I was 13 and now am 18 and still having difficulties. Anyone out there who wanna talk?

Hi just wanted to say a big welcome to you :wave:

Best wishes RRB

laurabethxo

I am 19 and have had diabetes since age 11. I've always resented it and it had lead to a lot of difficulties with depression and anxiety and periods of not caring about it. I still find it hard to cope and get control because where I live there is little support for type 1, only type 2 get the full benefits of the NHS really.
If you feel like you can't really cope etc I would suggest finding support groups in your area. :mrgreen:

donnacarr

im glad i am not the only person struggling to cope with this i am t1 for 13yrs i was afraid to say anything in case people laugh at me at next appointment going to ask about pump hopeful that helps

onthegow

How do all.
I am 3 yrs into diagnosis, this was diagnosed around my 30th bday. Lucky me. I hear what you are all saying I too find it difficult to control my levels. Some days are good some not so good. I do think its good to chat because if you don't have t1 or diabetes then people don't really understand. I have often been looked at as though I have 2 heads when trying to describe what's going on. Keep smiling and chat to like minded people it will help.

alyssarose

I have recently been diagnosed
With diabetes and I sm also 14. I am struggling a bit since it has only been a week. I sm having trouble accepting everything and especially with sports. I hope things have picked up for you.