T2 4 years+ High sugar level 20+ Alot better 5 to 8

Mr Ali

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I am type 2 for more than 4 years + now , I am 5ft 9" and weigh 130 to 135max since 1995 .
Use to eat anything & everything + alot of sweet treats after dinner and still have the same weight ,
Use to get very tired and alot of pain and dont feel like doing anything ,
Not the same thing will work for everyone ,
I did alot of research and deside to change my diet to feel better and enjoy the rest of my life
Over 14 months now I totally change my ditet Cutout all sweets stuff also cow`s milk and all other dairy products
All meats Chicken / Beef / and all proessess food & meet ,
Start with drink alot of water for 12 hrs from then test my blood sugar level was 5 ,
Drink small glass of cow`s milk and after 1 hr retest my blood and it was 11+.
I start making alot of stir fry and and keep testing 1 to 2 hrs after and it stay 7
I try alot of meals and keep testing to see which meals work for me and keep my sugar level good

Reactions: SaskiaKC

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Welcome to the forums @Mr Ali .

I try alot of meals and keep testing to see which meals work for me and keep my sugar level good

Different people like different diets but if you eat to your meter and your diet keeps your levels in range then your diet must be working for you.

There are a lot of different diet forums here so hopefully you'll find some more recipes that both you and your meter like. :)
Diabetes Forum • The Global Diabetes Community
Hopefully the link should take you to the food and nutrition forums.

Anyway, welcome and feel free to join any discussion or start your own in any part of the forum.

And congratulations on an amazing blood sugar reduction/turn around.

Reactions: ziggy_w

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello and welcome,

Yes trying different foods and working out which foods raises your levels is definitely the way to go. I am a follower of the very low carb diet but I absolutely support anyone who has found the balance they need to keep their blood sugars low and being able to sustain that.

Welcome.