T2 + chronic fatigue syndrome Trying bydureon injection

T2+CFS

Hi. I have had T2 for the last two years. I also unfortunately have had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or ME as it is known for the last 15 years. Due to severe fatigue I cannot exercise and it has been hard for me to control the T2 diabetes with tablets. My HBAIc rose to 9.3 and by increasing my meds and cutting carbs have got back to 8.0 (65). With ME you get periods of remission and relapses, but I have been in a relapse for the last six months and have been housebound with fatigue and muscle pain. The doctor has suggested a three month trial of bydureon, which I will start in the New Year. I was concerned by the side effects of nausea and sickness that I have read about. The doctor said I will have to have blood tests to check my kidney function. She says that as my blood glucose levels are running too high, the energy cannot get into my cells causing fatigue. I seem to have a double problem as I already have Chronic Fatigue and she said Diabetes also causes fatigue. I seem to have gone downhill the last six months and the doctor can offer no treatment for ME, so she is hoping better diabetic control may offer me some more energy. I should have started these injections this week, but have posponed until after christmas, hopefully I may feel stronger before trying it. I wonder whether any other members also have CFS and diabetes, or whether you are also trying Bydureon.

I am currently taking two metformin, (my tolerance level is only two tablets due to stomach upsets) 3 1/2 glycizide, 1 januvia,
I thought the injection was instead of the tablets, but I have been told that they will take out the Januvia only.

I welcome any advice on this bydureon and if has helped. Does everyone get the nausea? The doctor and the nurse both mentioned nausea, this is why I thought it better to try after christmas as I am already feeling very weak with fatigue.

Best wishes to you all -

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As someone who was mis-diagnosed with chronic fatigue - I was convinced it was something physical and it was - Vitamin D deficiency.

When people mention chronic fatigue, I always ask if they have been tested for other reasons of severe tiredness. These are the usual suspects:
1. Vitamin D deficiency - by having chronic fatigue, you tend to spend more time indoors so don't get enough from the sun.
2. Iron deficiency anaemia
3. Vitamin B12 deficiency
4. Underactive Thyroid
5. Running high blood sugar levels.

Doctors are not keen to test for Vitamin D deficiency as apparently the test is expensive. You may have had your thyroid levels tested, but what is classed as normal in the UK would be treated as underactive in Holland. Women who have not been through the menopause could have gyne problems that are causing bleeding problems that cause anaemia, but don't realise that these problems are not normal.

I have no experience of byureon, so can't comment on that.

Low levels of Vitamin D are implicated in high blood sugar levels. The RDA for Vitamin D is way too low.

Of course you may have been tested for all these and I am preaching to the converted, but if you haven't then it is worth getting some tests done.

foxyccc

Thanks Denise for your reply. I have had ME for the last 15 years and have been diagnosed by two hospitals. My own GP has ust run a full blood test for anaemia and thyroid etc and all the test results came back ok. I take Vit D in the winter, Magnesium and B vits and also Q Enzyme Q10 and have a SAD lamp that I sit by each day for a bit of sunlight replacement!

I am hoping that the bydureon injection may help lower my blood glucose levels so that I can get some more energy!

Thanks for your advice Denise.
Kind regards