1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

T2 Long fasting test

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Sue o2, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Sue o2

Sue o2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi all
    I am t2 and have been experiencing a lot of low bg readings especially in the afternoons,
    i was sent by my GP to see the diabetic team at the local hospital who went through the history on my glucose monitor and said that i am having to many low readings,
    this morning i received a letter from them asking me to attend for a prolonged fast at 8am where they will put a line in my vein and take a blood test from me every hour for 8 hours, but the thing thats worrying me is they have said i must not eat or drink (only water) from 4pm the day before, i dont know how this test will ever take place because im going to have to treat a hypo when it happens there for wont be able to have the test done,
    has anyone else had this test done ?

Thanks
    Sue

2. Sue o2

Sue o2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

3. hanadr

hanadr · Expert

I've heard of this test, but not had it done. If you don't quite understand their instructions, Ring the department and ask them to clarify them for you.
    Hana

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook