T2 since 2009, fbs=135, pp=150 HbA1c=6.4

vijaymathur

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was diagnosed with T2 in 2011 when HbA1c was 10.6 , fbs 299 and pp 326.
I was put on heavy doses of metformin SR 500mg twice a day. With strict diet control and exercise ,within 3 months the numbers were controlled.. After six months hba1c read 5.9 , fbs 105 n pp 120. I was told to quit meds for some time which I did for a year with figures rising only slightly. But later I had to go back to meds...
Today ,after ,say 10 years and aged 63 years I am not sure about doses. I am taking one metformin 500mg SR at breakfast and one azulix1 before dinner. Fbs is 127 , hbaic 6.4 . Diet n exercise being as usual. I am into yoga too.
Can I be guided on where I am lacking. My BMI is 27.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was diagnosed with T2 in 2011 when HbA1c was 10.6 , fbs 299 and pp 326.
I was put on heavy doses of metformin SR 500mg twice a day. With strict diet control and exercise ,within 3 months the numbers were controlled.. After six months hba1c read 5.9 , fbs 105 n pp 120. I was told to quit meds for some time which I did for a year with figures rising only slightly. But later I had to go back to meds...
Today ,after ,say 10 years and aged 63 years I am not sure about doses. I am taking one metformin 500mg SR at breakfast and one azulix1 before dinner. Fbs is 127 , hbaic 6.4 . Diet n exercise being as usual. I am into yoga too.
Can I be guided on where I am lacking. My BMI is 27.
Good morning @vijaymathur ,

Most likely your diet is still high in carbs? And carbs are exactly what we can't process. https://josekalsbeek.blogspot.com/2019/11/the-nutritional-thingy.html might help a little get you started. You also might want to go over to Dietdoctor.com and possibly read Dr. Jason Fung's book, the Diabetes Code. I think you probably have quite a bit of room for improvement, and possible lowering of dosages. Miracles can and do happen, once you know what to look out for.

Good luck!
Jo

Reactions: ziggy_w

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Perhaps you can give some details on typical meals that you'd eat each day.? That often helps to understand things better, apart from what @JoKalsbeek has stated above. Which is great starting point.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Are you using a glucose meter before and after eating?

If you lower your carb intake you will need to do this. Azulix lowers blood glucose and you need to be careful.

Have a look at headbangerskitchen.com to see if you can find any alternatives you fancy.