Tattoos and cellulitis

Ellit

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
After looking at the recent bumph on having tattoos and being diabetic I decided to go ahead and get another one to cover up a really naff one.Spoke to the tattooist...no problem...read the medical stuff...no reason why if levels OK....STUPID, :!: STUPID :!: STUPID :!: STUPID :!: STUPID :!: STUPID :!: STUPID :!: ..don't do it, don't be tempted even if you had one before.My foot blew up the next day, tattoo started weeping, felt like a band round my ankle and now it mega hurts!I have cellulitis,and I am totally understanding now that losing your limbs does and can happen to all of us and not just other people.So...I'm taking the penicillin but has anyone advice on what I can do to help myself and make it bearable while I wait to see if it heals? :cry:

Reactions: Dearbhla

jaykay

Have various healer friends that swear by manuka honey, i.e. making a poultice or plaster and just slathering it on. They say it helps with healing of ulcers, infections etc. Haven't actually used it myself and the good stuff is expensive but.....there is quite a lot of info. on the net and apparently they use it in New Zealand hospitals. Sorry for your woes. Hope it all gets better soon.

squishychickfi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
curry or anything spicy, snakes and mosquitos!
Arnica is very good for trauma and bruising too - take the tablets though as don't think it is OK to put on wounds?