Tattoos

woodstar65

Hi
Simple question I'm type 1 and before I was diagnosed 6 years ago I used to like getting inked. Since then I haven't as people say if your diabetic you should get tattooed. So the question is am I able to or not.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

kendod666

woodstar65 said:
Hi
Simple question I'm type 1 and before I was diagnosed 6 years ago I used to like getting inked. Since then I haven't as people say if your diabetic you should get tattooed. So the question is am I able to or not.

You can certainly get tattoed mate.

However being covered myself I would say you have to be aware of the risk involved being diabetic also.

I would ensure you only get it done somewhere very very clean and reputable, also the weeks after need to be spent taking extremely good care of it. Bepanthen for me especially being diabetic as it forms a thin breathable layer of proection over the skin.

also only go when you have excellent control over your sugar, as should anything happen higher sugars will feel any infection.

ultimatley its your body to do with as you please.

Also check out type 1 diabetic tattoos, loads out there.......people only had them AFTER diagnosis clearly :)

blueeyed81

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hey im type one and have tattooes got my first one nearly 6 years ago, im getting another one on Monday which will be my 2nd medical alert tattoo. Ive been diabetic for just over 13 years.

Kelly =)

samick

Hi, about the tattoos , I have had a medical one done after I received good ol type 1 diabetes and there was no problem with getting the ink. My tattooist knew I was diabetic so maybe that made a difference????? I intend to get another one in the near future and can't see any problem from it. :p