Teacher gift ideas?

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Its nearly the end of term, we have always made a token gift for my sons teachers when in infants which have always been appreciated

This year we are short on ideas of thongs to make, son is in year 3, any ideas for a gift?

Reactions: 2 people

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
Not being funny but wouln't consider a thong ha ha , sorry couldn't resist:oops: a friend of mine is a teacher and she still has stack of chocs in the fridge from Xmas which were from her pupils so no chocs. What about a small photo frame, a small plant or a hand made card

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm a primary school teacher and a hand made card is always appreciated, particularly if it contains a message from both parent and child. Other good home made gifts are things that are useful eg fridge magnet (could contain class photo?). Flowers are also much appreciated - at least by me!

Reactions: 6 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
my wife has been a teacher a long time and her best appreciated gift was always either flowers or something alcoholic

Reactions: 6 people

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Not being funny but wouln't consider a thong ha ha , sorry couldn't resist:oops: a friend of mine is a teacher and she still has stack of chocs in the fridge from Xmas which were from her pupils so no chocs. What about a small photo frame, a small plant or a hand made card

Stupid autocorrect!!! THING to make (I don't encourage my son to make underwear for his teacher :)

Reactions: 8 people

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
Stupid autocorrect!!! THING to make (I don't encourage my son to make underwear for his teacher :)
We have all done it, I switched auto correct off as it was driving me nuts, hope you found a suitable present

VinnyJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Wine works but not too cheap and not too expensive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
At my teens Guide charity auction this year, one of the girls made hedgehogs out of older books. We bought one and when my teen comes home I will try and take a photo to show it, very clever and made by the child
( with some help from mum possibly):) Or a plant and a hand decorated plant pot ?
Good luck RRB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I think any alcoholic drink would be a no no - the teacher may be teetotal for various reasons.

Now, if someone gave me a cheese board or a selection of cheese's or a large box of teabags, I would be so happy and appreciative :happy:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
At my teens Guide charity auction this year, one of the girls made hedgehogs out of older books. We bought one and when my teen comes home I will try and take a photo to show it, very clever and made by the child
( with some help from mum possibly):) Or a plant and a hand decorated plant pot ?
Good luck RRB

Here are a couple of photo's, I looked through the 'pages' and this one is from a Horrid Henry book.

1435574337273.jpg 1435574980541.jpg

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A handmade personalised card (Possibly with a little gentle "in house" humour.) saying thanks..