Tee2 bg meter

GrannyAnnie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Know-it-all's!!!!!!!
Hi everyone, just as a bit of information.......I have a Tee2 meter, given to me by my DN. I found that I could get on for free from Spirit Heath (online). Also for free, from the same people, you can get batteries for the meter, a usb lead to download your info and see it as graphs, and a CD to enable you to do all this!! I found this out after being told by my DN that I can only have 50 blood test strips EVERY OTHER MONTH!! Up til now I have been getting 100 per month on repeat prescription. That means, unless I fund them myself, I can test LESS than once a day!!! So..... I found Spirit Health's site to buy my strips and was pleasantly surprised (but also annoyed at the meanness of my DN) to find that the strips cost only £7.25 and no VAT if you fill in the box that comes up asking about your reasons for exemption. I also got myself a spare meter and the other items I mentioned, for free!
I have just realised that I may be posting this on the wrong thread......but I don't know how to move it! So...if it is possible to move it, could someone please do it for me??? I'm still a bit green at posting on here, but I read the threads all the time as they are very informative and, at times, very entertaining. I think you are all wonderful people with the way you so freely give your time to advise people who, like me, feel that their DN does not really have a clue what it is like to be living with diabetes. BTW.... in type2.

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
That's good to know. With that one and the SD meter it just goes to show that these things don't have to be so expensive