Tee2 Strips Out Of Stock

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
TEE2 strips are currently out of stock and cannot be ordered. Spirit Healthcare says they hope to "have delivery sometime next week".

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I got an email saying that when I ordered some last week. Then they arrived the next day.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They are available on Amazon, bit pricey, but if you’re desperate:
https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/...est+strips&dpPl=1&dpID=31o44mAvWJL&ref=plSrch
OMG just about twice the normal price. Someone is profiteering!!! Luckily I have a Codefree meter as well as my TEE2, and in addition I am poised to start 2 weeks with a Libre sensor, so I should survive.

I suspect Spirit has merged with, or been taken over by, another outfit, since the TEE2+ meter was recently first out of stock and then stopped being free. Also, when I rang up, although there was a real person immediately available as in the past, and she was perfectly OK, the experience was somehow not as good as previously. I had the impression her only function was to take my details so someone else could later email me. Previously, she would have tried to resolve my problem and take my order herself.

TTTE

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes (but I may learn to love it)
This is worrying as I've just started my last tub of TEE2 strips. I am however thinking of changing to the code free system as the strips are much cheaper when using the discount code.

However it does seem that the self funding diabetes market has been in a bit of turmoil lately. For a while the code free meters were out of stock (but available on Amazon at inflated prices) and now TEE2 strips are out of stock (but available on Amazon at inflated prices) What's going on ?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone considering buying that could be advised to check the expiry dates on the strips. They may be absolutely fine, or may be about to go out of date.

Whilst most meters will still work with out of date strips, I have zero clue about the TEE2.

That's a lot of kit to have going begging.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Why anyone would want 1,100 lancets is beyond me...especially with only 650 test strips..

Depends how many splinters the person can pick up. I have just invested one forr such a use forr my OH this very afternoon.

1x lancet + 1 x set of ninja tweezers and all was well with the world again

Isn't this what everyone uses them for?

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Why anyone would want 1,100 lancets is beyond me...especially with only 650 test strips..
When Brexit has stopped the import of lancets for the fore-seeable future, the person with 1,100 can go on Ebay and make a killing. You'll be sorry when you find yourself paying £1 per lancet in 2020.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When Brexit has stopped the import of lancets for the fore-seeable future, the person with 1,100 can go on Ebay and make a killing. You'll be sorry when you find yourself paying £1 per lancet in 2020.
I think I still have 250 left from the original 300 I bought!

akccoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I queried my order of test strips on Friday afternoon as I had received order confirmation the previous Monday, but nothing had arrived. They finally rang me yesterday to say that they would be another week to which I responded that it was a poor show, particularly as I could have bought some on eBay or Amazon as a stopgap, albeit at double their price. I was told that those sites had also run out. They rang me back 5 minutes later to say that they had found 3 packs and would send me one. Got home tonight to find the dreaded note from the post office as they apparently couldn't get the carton through my letterbox :(

Reactions: Prem51

TTTE

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes (but I may learn to love it)
Just been to the Spirit Health care website (08-08-2018) and the TEE2 Test Strips are still out of stock