Tenderlinks

sugar2

Just a quick question...has anyone bad any problems with Tenderlinks recently?

I know lots of people here are fans, so thought I would give them a go...and I agree, really comfortable and nicer to insert...but, I kept getting isssues where I would go high. Assumingthat this was mme being a novice, I would change the cannula and things would return to normal...until yesterday. I spent all day practically in the 20s, only coming down when I resorted to an insulin pen injection...I changed cannula 6 times, and entire infusion set 3 times, I even got a new bottle of insulin out ofthe fridge...but no change. The pump seemed to be working, but clearly no insulin was getting into me. After the pen injection I went down to 3.5, but had tea, and my usual pump bous and went back on teh basal, only to see my levels hit 24 again!

It is so difficult, as you never know if the insulin you have just taken has "worked",
I did notice though that this happened when I open a new box of infusion sets, adn I wondered, has any one else found the same recently?

I eventually dug out a rapid D, which I got when I first went on the pump, and that sems to be working OK.

I don't think Tenderlinks are for me, but I wondered if I had a "dodgy batch"? has anyone else had any issues?

I am going to phone Roche later this afternoon, so don't know what theyahve to say yet..

thoughts, advise most welcome!

iHs

I haven't used Tenderlinks for quite a while but when I did have a go at using them because of other issues I was having with the pump, I found them a bit painful to insert so had to resort to frozen peas or numbing gel first. I think I may have had a dodgy batch though as the introducer was a bit on the blunt side.

Another thing I found that although my bg levels were ok for about 8hrs after a set change, after 8hrs my bg levels started to rise up. It was only after looking at the last set and tube that I pulled out and left on my worktop that my OH noticed a very small amount of white insulin crystals at both ends of the tube so that is probably why my bg levels rose up like they did. It may well have been due to the angle that I put them in at though but I never carried on trying to find out............ I changed to the Rapid D and touch wood :lol: have been ok since.

Hodgy

I find tender links ok, but if inserted at the wrong angle do cause problems. I have only used these cannulas so do not have any experience of others.

sugar2

Thanks for the replies. As I expected, Accuchek said that they had received no other complaints.

I wondered about the angle too, and the point about crystallised insulin is very interesting! am hoping that my supplies of Rapid Ds arrive by the end of the week! I struggled with Rapid ds initially, as they made me itch like crazy, but touch wood, so far, so good!

Clearly tenderlinks are not for me, as even when I was confident that the product was OK, my results were not good, and yesterdays experience has made me shy away from them. I guess I will never know whether the problem was me or the sets themselves, but hopefully, is anyone reading this has a similar problem, then they will know that it was not just them!

I think that they are the pump equivalent of marmite.. you either love them or hate them!

Cheryl

I love them! I've tried a few other types & recently used a few Quicksets & had my first ever set failure with them. Never had a set failure in 2 1/2 years before that. I'm so glad that, having just changed pumps to the Paradigm Veo, the Silhouette sets are identical in all but name (& pump connector) to the Tenderlinks. I'm slim with not much fat layer, so perhaps the ability to put them in at different angles suit my build.