Tens machine, so helpful.

chrissieworne

Hi all

I have been suffering from severe Sciatica for weeks (still wiating for physio appt) :( and despite 2 weeks on Diazepam and strong painkillers then being put on Amitriptyline (stuck it for three days then stopped as I couldn't function) :evil: I borrowed a frined's Boots TENS machine. I used it three times a day for the past week and I feel so much better. :D The relief started after 2 sessions. :!:

It seems suitable for many types of pain but I did ger permission from GP first. I don't think you can use on neuropathic pain, or or numb areas but for Arthritis, Sciatica, back pain, neck pain, menstrual pain etc it seems ok.

As I said, check with GP always but it seems to be helping me and I have at least managed to cut the pain killers down a massive amount.

Chrissie

jacobstyn

TENS stands for Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation, and is a drug free method of pain relief.
Tens pain relief machines are very effective for mobile pain management. You can carry the portable tens machines with ease and use anywhere. This means you can treat pain even when you are away www.tenspainrelief.com/tens-machine

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Great news that the Tens machine has helped, my wife was given one to borrow from her physio a few years back and didn't find it helpful at all despite the physio singing its praises, anything that eases the pain of Sciatica is worthy of a mention.

Nigel